1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '19 17:301 edit
    @caesar-salad said
    I hope you don't mind if I ask, but how do you know this?

Are the "bullies" making derisive comments during the game, or is this a matter of "mind-reading" regarding someone else's mindset who might just be making better moves from more experience?

I understand most of us have mirror neurons and often can't help but have ideas about what the other might be thinkin ...[text shortened]... ho wants to prove his superiority, maybe there's more going on in his iceberg than we can ever know.
    General comments like you are brave in playing me!
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 Jul '19 18:11
    @eladar said
    General comments like you are brave in playing me!
    It is a world, that's for sure.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 02:12
    @eladar said
    @Patzering

My goal was to have a good enough understanding of the game to be able to beat people who only knew how the pieces moved.

Now I have no real goal, just ambiguous get better. Maybe one day I will play in a tournament.
    Now I have no real goal, just ambiguous get better.

I humbly suggest you rethink this approach. Setting specific goals with time limits is a proven path to achievement . Even if you fall short of reaching your goal, the fact you have one causes you to stretch, to work, and to make a sustained effort to improve.

If you don't know where you're going - you're not going to get there. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree