1. Joined
    17 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 19:341 edit
    I bought some at a local grocery store the other day.
    I had never heard of it before.
    It was quite tasty.

If you like to play with your food I guess chess pie would be fitting. You might even be able to make some brilliant food combinations with it.

Not sure how it got the name chess, though.
  2. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 19:59
    Originally posted by homedepotov
    I bought some at a local grocery store the other day.
    I had never heard of it before.
    It was quite tasty.

If you like to play with your food I guess chess pie would be fitting. You might even be able to make some brilliant food combinations with it.

Not sure how it got the name chess, though.
    what is it?
  3. Joined
    17 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 20:07
    From wikipedia. I didn't realize you can use coffee to offset sweet foods.

"Chess pie is a particularly sugary dessert characteristic of Southern U.S. cuisine. Recipes vary, but are generally similar in that they call for the preparation of a single crust and a filling composed of eggs, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. What sets chess pie apart from many other custard pies is the substitution of corn meal for flour. Some recipes also call for corn syrup, which tends to create a more gelatinous consistency. The pie is then baked. The result is very sweet and is often consumed with coffee to offset this."
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 20:36

"Chess pie is a particularly sugary dessert characteristic of Southern U.S. cuisine. Recipes vary, but are generally similar in that they call for the preparation of a single crust and a filling composed of eggs, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. What sets ches ...[text shortened]... ie is then baked. The result is very sweet and is often consumed with coffee to offset this."
    that sounds yummy.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '09 19:13
    I wonder if it will improve my chess...
  6. ...who does not know
    Moves
    13 Dec '09 02:56

"Chess pie is a particularly sugary dessert characteristic of Southern U.S. cuisine. Recipes vary, but are generally similar in that they call for the preparation of a single crust and a filling composed of eggs, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. What sets ches ...[text shortened]... ie is then baked. The result is very sweet and is often consumed with coffee to offset this."
    Coffee is great with sweet foods. Eat something rich with your cup of coffee. Or like, coffee and doughnuts. The sugar compliments the bitterness in coffee. I really like coffee. 🙂 There is always good information here in the chess forum? LOL 🙄
    Eric

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree