1. Joined
    15 Aug '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 10:50
    Hi there, I used to have a (freeware) chess program which was basically a digital chess board in which I was able to save and add games. The program also had options for suggesting a next move, or strategies.
    Now I’ve started playing chess again, I would like to have a program something similar again. I can’t remember the software, I was wondering is there something like that still available ??
    Thanks for any help.
  2. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 13:09
    Originally posted by badash
    Hi there, I used to have a (freeware) chess program which was basically a digital chess board in which I was able to save and add games. The program also had options for suggesting a next move, or strategies.
    Now I’ve started playing chess again, I would like to have a program something similar again. I can’t remember the software, I was wondering is there something like that still available ??
    Thanks for any help.
    Chessbase light is free to domload form chessbase.com. It comes with Fritz 4 or similar( A GM strength programme) and capacity to store about 3000 games i believe.
  3. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 13:51
    Originally posted by badash
    Thanks for any help.
    Chessbase Light is okay, but it has some limitations. I sort of prefer Scid. The link below will give you some good ideas on freeware programs, both playing programs and database programs.

http://freechess.50webs.com/index.html
  4. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    25 Oct '08 00:18
    ChessDB is great.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree