1. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 03:51
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Paul do not follow California guys who cannot be bothered to get GM norms.

Follow Russian GM's who have been bothered to get their GM norms.

Stick that book on ebay and use the money to send the 13 cats to
    that guy in California.
    I haven't had the London book very long, and I have already shelved it. I should have read the introduction better before buying it (aimed at players 1400-2000).

When I put it on the shelf, I grabbed a few of my Blackmar-Diemer Gambit books. It's time to get back to some hardcore aggression. 🙂

My stack went from Catalan, London, and English Opening to Blackmar-Diemer, Englund, Traxler/Wilkes-Barre, Evans Gambit, Latvian, and Smith-Morra.
    I even got out all the old issues of Blackmar-Diemer World and played through them.

It's a shame there's not a magazine like that now. The magazine's readers sent in Blackmar-Diemers, Elephants,Latvians,Traxlers,g4 Dutchs, and every other gambit to be published.
  2. e4
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 03:571 edit
    The mags were good.

Even the Latvian Gambit had it's own magazine.

Expect there are 100 of websites dedicated to theses openings now.
    (never really looked).

Name your 13 cats, I bet one is called Alekhine.

Edit 1 - it's nearly 5am. I work soon, better go to bed.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 11:26
    Originally posted by jbaca
    What chess swag do you have? Back in 04 During the Leko/Kramnik Match held in Switzerland
    They offered the online audience paticipation in a chess trivia game and I won a signed chess board/set smaller set but made of wood nice. there were some nicer prizes as well, but thought at the time that it was fun to join in and of course winning something was cool
    I have no real swag, but I have one rather poignant book. It's not the content, and it's not where I got it, it's when. It's Max Euwe's book on the 1948 World Championship tournament. I bought it on the flee market which is held in my home town every year, on Liberation Day, which in our country is May 5th. The year was 1995... imagine my astonishment when I watched the news that evening.

Richard
  4. Joined
    09 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '10 04:591 edit
    I am not sure I know what swag is. But, I think having some analysis of a gambit I "created" (see accidentally hung a pawn and found it quite interesting) on chesspublishing.com in the caro kann.

http://www.chesspublishing.com/content/6/dec08.htm

I think you have to be a member to actually see the analysis. But, that gives you my idea-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree