1. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 01:44
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I see a distinct improvement in my visual memory after starting chess. not only in chess-related things (I see some of the games while in bed trying to sleep. most probably have similar experiences. some situations I remember from months ago.), but also in other fields. I can remember number sequences about twice the length as before, and also recall them with less error. so visualizing most certainly seems to be a trainable skill.
    Yup, ever since i start studying this 7 round tactic program i can spot mate in 5 easily and before mate in 2 and sometimes even 1 was hard for me. I also see chess positions in my sleep and during the day and try to solve them in my sleep. It works sometimes. I think it will help your game but not as much as you think. Better just spend that time on tactics and strategy for now.
  2. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 01:48
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Yup, ever since i start studying this 7 round tactic program i can spot mate in 5 easily and before mate in 2 and sometimes even 1 was hard for me. I also see chess positions in my sleep and during the day and try to solve them in my sleep. It works sometimes. I think it will help your game but not as much as you think. Better just spend that time on tactics and strategy for now.
    ROFL,

I agree though, Its not worth the time
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 01:56
    What does ROFL stand for ? I don't know many of these new words you guys are using now days.
  4. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 02:05
    What does ROFL stand for ? I don't know many of these new words you guys are using now days.
    ROFL = Rolling on floor laughing,

actually I wasnt, but I thought your post was funny anyhow
  5. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 02:26
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    ROFL = Rolling on floor laughing,

actually I wasnt, but I thought your post was funny anyhow
    I don't get what was so funny about what i said? Seeing chess positions in my sleep? If you ever seen live OTB games between great players, you'll see them staring into space solving the position in their head without using the board. Shirov does it. I saw him at the Canadain Open this year doing it. It was amazing to watch.

I have nightmares about chess! ahh..
  6. Joined
    21 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 02:47
    [b]Yup, ever since i start studying this 7 round tactic program i can spot mate in 5 easily and before mate in 2 and sometimes even 1 was hard for me.
    Wow, what a testimonial! Where can I find out more about "this 7 round tactic program"? Thanks.
  7. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 07:01
    Look in the other threads. They posted a link to the 2 articles on chesscafe.com

Round 5 complete finally. 13 hours and 2 minutes.
    Round 1 took me 26 hours and 46 minutes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree