1. Kalamazoo, MI
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 02:46
    http://chessforblood.blogspot.com/2007/02/building-free-database.html

Pretty much. I actually like ChessDB more than Fritz/Chessbase. Follow all of the steps and install the toga engine.

FYI the ICOFY DB is more than a gig when unzipped. After you convert it to the chessdb format it is much smaller.
  2. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 03:48
    Originally posted by giantrobot
    http://chessforblood.blogspot.com/2007/02/building-free-database.html

Pretty much. I actually like ChessDB more than Fritz/Chessbase. Follow all of the steps and install the toga engine.

FYI the ICOFY DB is more than a gig when unzipped. After you convert it to the chessdb format it is much smaller.
    Chessbase has incredible features. It is more then just a program used to store chess games and give stats.
  3. Kalamazoo, MI
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 04:01
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Chessbase has incredible features. It is more then just a program used to store chess games and give stats.
    True, but it is also $170. This is a very good free replacement.
  4. São Paulo, Brazil
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 04:46
    Originally posted by RahimK
    I got Chessbase a few days ago and I'd love to read more about those incredible features, if you have the time to tell me about them. 🙂
  5. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 04:51
    Originally posted by Heroic Metool
    I got Chessbase a few days ago and I'd love to read more about those incredible features, if you have the time to tell me about them. 🙂
    www.chessbase.com

Go to support and read the t-notes.

I read them couple of years ago when I got Fritz.

Lots of the features are similar between Fritz and chessbase but chessbase is superior in the database section.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree