Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 13 Oct '06 22:14 / 1 edit
    It's fine now.

It must have been the WCC bogging it down. Same with chessbase. I got some german error when I tried ealrier.
  2. 13 Oct '06 22:28
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    Ok, thanks for the reply Rahim.
    You have a chessgames account to access the opening explorer all the way? how much is it, if you do?

I just use it now and then and then once it stops X moves deep I look at other sites.
  3. 13 Oct '06 22:57
    I do, yes. I believe it was abut 20£ for a year (anyone can confirm?), so quite pricey- not sure what that is in Canadian $. It is such a good help for improving my openings in otb though so I'm happy with it, maybe there are cheaper options that are just as useful but I didn't know of any.
    Doesn't it go about 18-27 moves deep for each opening!?
  4. 13 Oct '06 23:04
    I do, yes. I believe it was abut 20£ for a year (anyone can confirm?), so quite pricey- not sure what that is in Canadian $. It is such a good help for improving my openings in otb though so I'm happy with it, maybe there are cheaper options that are just as useful but I didn't know of any.
    http://www.gensunasumus.com/ is pretty much the same and free.
  5. 14 Oct '06 07:32
    Originally posted by RahimK
    It's fine now.

It must have been the WCC bogging it down. Same with chessbase. I got some german error when I tried ealrier.
    See [Threadid]54122[/Threadid] The chessbase server problem is a known one with IIS servers. When it comes to handling high server loads, Apache does that better than IIS.
  6. 14 Oct '06 20:17
    Have you tried the shredder one?

I know the chessgames one gives you other additional features beside just openings if you pay but if you want just opening help I do believe it might be a waste of money since they are better free ones out there.