Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 06 Nov '06 21:43 / 1 edit
    how about that chessguy4
    he's good

yes I know you know it's me
    watch
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/viewpublicgames.php?p1name=chessguy4&p2name=&showgamescode=A&Search=Search
    any tips
  2. 06 Nov '06 21:56
    We're not allowed to comment on games in progress, and the only you've finished ended after three moves! (Opponent timed out). In that game Game 2699993 two of your three moves were weak - knights don't usually get moved to the side of the board because they have less scope (squares they can move to) there than in the middle of the board. Your bishop move to e6 blocked your e-pawn, which would have meant that you may have trouble getting your other bishop developed.
  3. 06 Nov '06 21:57
    Game 2704128

Wow, I didn't know you were that good. jk
  4. 06 Nov '06 21:58
    Originally posted by chessguy4
    how about that chessguy4
    he's good

yes I know you know it's me
    watch
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/viewpublicgames.php?p1name=chessguy4&p2name=&showgamescode=A&Search=Search
    any tips
    Here's a tip, don't post crap like this in the Only Chess forum - it belongs in "General".
  5. 06 Nov '06 21:59
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    We're not allowed to comment on games in progress, and the only you've finished ended after three moves! (Opponent timed out). In that game Game 2699993 two of your three moves were weak - knights don't usually get moved to the side of the board because they have less scope (squares they can move to) there than in the middle of the board. Your bishop ...[text shortened]... e-pawn, which would have meant that you may have trouble getting your other bishop developed.
    Um, does that game count? I mean, it seems pretty one sided no matter who helps.
  6. 06 Nov '06 22:15 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Um, does that game count? I mean, it seems pretty one sided no matter who helps.
    Looks like suicide chess. (If one player plays suicide chess while the other one plays normal chess, they can both win. Smart.)
  7. Standard member HomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    06 Nov '06 22:25
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    We're not allowed to comment on games in progress, and the only you've finished ended after three moves! (Opponent timed out). In that game Game 2699993 two of your three moves were weak - knights don't usually get moved to the side of the board because they have less scope (squares they can move to) there than in the middle of the board. Your bishop ...[text shortened]... e-pawn, which would have meant that you may have trouble getting your other bishop developed.
    Id say 3/3 were weak
  8. Standard member HomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    06 Nov '06 22:26
    I'll give you some adivce after your current game is over
  9. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    06 Nov '06 22:48
    My advise is give up chess and play tiddlywinks instead.
  10. 06 Nov '06 23:15
    the best advice is make sure you look at the board before you move
  11. 06 Nov '06 23:41
    My advice would be just to play a load of chess, 200 games at least,blitz,correspondance,OTB, it doesn't matter, and worry about tactics,strategy and so on after that. You need games under your belt to get a feel for the game.
  12. 07 Nov '06 02:29
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    My advise is give up chess and play tiddlywinks instead.
    same advice from me, except play tic-tac-toe instead
  13. 07 Nov '06 02:30
    Originally posted by YUG0slav
    same advice from me, except play tic-tac-toe instead
    Same advice from me, except play Twister instead.
  14. 07 Nov '06 02:31
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Same advice from me, except play Twister instead.
    oooh kinky