Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 08 Feb '06 17:03
    Anybody know the difference between these 2 programs? They are produced by the same company but I am not sure of the functionality of each. I downloaded a trial of challenger and it seems OK but I don't know how it compares to Chessmaster 10.
  2. 08 Feb '06 21:56
    Originally posted by Another Balvenie
    Anybody know the difference between these 2 programs? They are produced by the same company but I am not sure of the functionality of each. I downloaded a trial of challenger and it seems OK but I don't know how it compares to Chessmaster 10.
    I believe if you go on yahoo under games, you can find chessmaster8 or 9 trial for 60 min. Chessmaster 10 is very close to these but strong, and more functions.

I never heard of chessmaster challenger before though, but chessmaster 10 is very good and I would recommend it to players.
  3. 08 Feb '06 23:53
    It sounds like you have downloaded a trial version of ChessMaster 10 th Edition.
  4. 09 Feb '06 06:28
    It says that Chessmaster Challenge is based on Chessmaster 10. I just purchased it for 19.00 to check out the full version of it but I still wonder what Chessmaster 10 has to offer.
  5. 09 Feb '06 07:27
    Chessmaster Challenger is a limited version of Chessmaster 10.
  6. Donation murrow
    penguinpuffin
    09 Feb '06 10:49
    does your challenge program come with chessmaster academy?
    that is a series of chess 'classes' which comes with CM10.
    they are really good, well worth the cost of CM10 just for these IMO ...