1. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 00:501 edit
    Anybody that has ChessMaster10 want to finish the ChessMaster10 vs. Fritz 5.32 game that mjordan 2nd was playing vs. me. Seems like mjordan 2nd stoped playing. I would like to finish this game. P.S. I know that this game cannot be played by another player. All you have to do is set up a game in the correct position .
  2. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 03:02
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Anybody that has ChessMaster10 want to finish the ChessMaster10 vs. Fritz 5.32 game that mjordan 2nd was playing vs. me. Seems like mjordan 2nd stoped playing. I would like to finish this game. P.S. I know that this game cannot be played by another player. All you have to do is set up a game in the correct position .
    I got CM10000 and Deep Fritz 8. I've often pitted them against each other.

CM10000 on a 2.4 GHz = Deep Fritz 8 on a normal 800 MHz with so really it's not deep anymore but just normal Fritz 8.

So yes Fritz is that much better.

As for CC, might be different but i still doubt it. On the same computers fritz would waste it.
  3. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 04:04
    how do you play it? I can help, and I would like to see the result.
  4. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 04:12
    Originally posted by RahimK
    I got CM10000 and Deep Fritz 8. I've often pitted them against each other.

CM10000 on a 2.4 GHz = Deep Fritz 8 on a normal 800 MHz with so really it's not deep anymore but just normal Fritz 8.

So yes Fritz is that much better.

As for CC, might be different but i still doubt it. On the same computers fritz would waste it.
    It is possible to use The King engine (chessmaster) in fritz, but it's not easy.
  5. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 04:51
    Originally posted by Superman
    how do you play it? I can help, and I would like to see the result.
    The other player was running ChessMaster 10 and playing the moves in the game. I was running Fritz 5.32 and playing the moves. The other player stoped playing in here so the game is incomplete. As it is now there can not be a result.
  6. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 16:16
    Originally posted by leestatic
    It is possible to use The King engine (chessmaster) in fritz, but it's not easy.
    Yes but then the two programs would fight with each other if they are both on 1 computer for processing power, memory etc...

I know you can make it 50-50 but why go through all that trouble.
  7. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 16:40
    Originally posted by leestatic
    Actually its extremely simple.
  8. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 17:04
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    Actually its extremely simple.
    Last time i got cm 8000 engine in fritz it wasn't easy, explain then in less that twenty words how to do it.
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 17:22
    I might could do it, but you have six games going now. One must end first.

My CM X runs on a P4 540 with 512 RAM. Is that a comparable box to what mjordan2nd was using? How long did he let CM X run before implementing the move?
  10. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 20:08
    Originally posted by Wulebgr

My CM X runs on a P4 540 with 512 RAM. Is that a comparable box to what mjordan2nd was using? How long did he let CM X run before implementing the move?
    I think you PC is better tham mine

mine is celeron 1.8, 256 ram, xp sp2, CM10

so the desition is yours
  11. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 13:17
    Originally posted by Wulebgr

I do not know what power mjordan2nd's computer had. I also do not know what time he set ChessMaster on. Mjordan2nd wanted a over the board type of time setting and was playing somewhat of a fast game. I gave Fritz 5.32 about a three min. per move time because the player stated that he played all day long. As time went by he started playing fewer moves so I started giving Fritz five then eight mins. per move time. By the end I was going to give Fritz about a e mail time. Fritz does not have a true e mail setting. My standard e mail setting has been thirty mins. a move because that was the time it took ChessMaster 7000 to find the "winning move" in one of the Botvinnik Tal games of the 1960 title match.
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 16:07

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree