1. Standard memberrotk
    Orc slayer
    Gondor
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 18:541 edit
    I there a way I can put chessmasters 10ed. database into a pgn file for chessDB?
  2. Standard memberDies Irae
    I Love U
    LaLa Land
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 18:55
    what do you need to do?
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 19:02
    Originally posted by rotk
    I there a way I can put chessmaster 10ed. in to a pgn file for chessDB?
    In Chessmaster 10, you can first create a new database and select pgn as the type of database.

Then open the database containing the games you wish, select all, and use file/export selected games
  4. Standard memberrotk
    Orc slayer
    Gondor
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 19:48
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    In Chessmaster 10, you can first create a new database and select pgn as the type of database.

Then open the database containing the games you wish, select all, and use file/export selected games
    how do I create a new database on chessmaster?
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 20:15
    Originally posted by rotk
    how do I create a new database on chessmaster?
    Just do it when you go file/export selected games

type the name of the database you want with the pgn extension, eg. test.pgn in the save to box. It will create the db and export the games.

You might try it with only a few games first, as the entire database is large and may take a while to export.
  6. Standard memberrotk
    Orc slayer
    Gondor
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 20:28
    oh crap, I forgot I tried to transfer them bye changing them to pgn files now it won't let me open up the database in chessmaster, I forgot the type of file it was orginally, do you know the name of the file?
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 22:02
    When I can't remember a filename, I repeat the process I went through to create it, paying special attention to the folder it will go in. Then I know where to look.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree