1. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 00:26
    Originally posted by streetfighter
    I am (unless you are the IRS/taxman/police etc, in which case I am Chandler of Chandler Cornered 😉
    cool 🙂

want to play a game?
    if you beat me i will (should) buy your book 🙂 (as long as i figure out the exchange rate etc)
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 01:07
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    I've never bothered to learn this variation because I always thought playing the normal ...Ne5, ...Rc8 variation would reward the better prepared and was better, but I think that the main line goes something like 11. Bb3 Na5 12. Bh6 b5! but that's about all I got.

I was able to dig up some high level games though:

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chess ...[text shortened]... out of commission) 15...b4!?, when 16. bxc4 bxc3 17. Qxc3 Qc7! is critical, and very unclear.
    The second game you quoted called it the Yugoslav Attack. Is that the R-b8 that makes it so?
  3. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 04:57
    No, the Be3, f3, Qd2 makes it so. White has 3 choices on move 9, 9. Bc4, 9. 0-0-0, and 9. g4 (not played very often).
  4. Joined
    02 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 09:26
    Originally posted by irontigran
    cool 🙂

want to play a game?
    if you beat me i will (should) buy your book 🙂 (as long as i figure out the exchange rate etc)
    Sure-i'm always up for a challenge! Will sort it out a little later today : )
  5. Joined
    02 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 12:53
    cool 🙂

want to play a game?
    Hi iron, tried to challenge you but it appears my rating is too low 😳
  6. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 16:50
    Originally posted by streetfighter
    Hi iron, tried to challenge you but it appears my rating is too low 😳
    well the same thing happened to me! 😕
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 22:111 edit
    well the same thing happened to me! 😕
    Just put each other on your respective buddy lists.

Edit: and if you're really in Seattle we should meet up for a couple games seeing as I live in Bellevue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree