1. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 16:51
    Originally posted by patrickrutgers
    Well, this is just an ignorant thing to say. Homosexuality is quite different from bestiality, pedophilia, homophobia, or racism. Advocating for a group to have the same rights that other people have, as the T-shirt did, is not the same as discrimination or advocating for rights that nobody else has.
    gay rights, what rights have gays not got in britain that other people have? they can adopt (smokers cant) get married work in any job, have gay only pubs and clubs and have more marches than a million callendars. how are they discriminated against?
  2. out on bail
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 16:57
    Originally posted by greenerpawn
    It's de mooi, not Mahmood.

He wasn't banned. He got upset when an arbiter suggested the shirt may be inappropriate for the prize giving (as juniors were present), and withdrew. Then he made a statement on twitter and another via Ray Keene that it was disgraceful he had been "banned". He has since admitted to overreacting.

Making false statements pu ...[text shortened]... us side he has been a hard working president putting a lot of miles and money into the job.
    The vain t**t, (and I don't mean twit) changed his name to de mooi, which, apparently, means 'handsome man'.

T**T !!!!!
  3. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 18:51
    There's enough sex in chess as it is, there's no reason to be blatant about it.
  4. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 18:59
    This thread will go places.
  5. Pities the fool
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 19:08
    Spot for sale!

Edit: Spot sold to The American Gay Rights Movement
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 21:55
    Originally posted by adramforall
    The gay rights movement just want to change laws and peoples point of view to make what they do legal and acceptable.

If you had a group of paedos looking to change the law to make what they do legal and acceptable would you find the T shirt offensive?
    The fact that you still have the chutzpah to compare gay rights and paedophilia ((and use that abbreviation, just like your mates at the Daily Hate), says more about you than anybody should ever have to know.

You disgust me.

Richard
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 21:57
    Originally posted by michael liddle
    The vain t**t, (and I don't mean twit) changed his name to de mooi, which, apparently, means 'handsome man'.
    It doesn't. He thinks he speaks Dutch; he is wrong.

Richard
  8. bedlam
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 22:37
    'mooi' means 'pretty'
    'de mooi' would mean 'the pretty' but you can't say that.It's meaningless

Did he really change his name for that reason?Or is it just a rumor?
    If he did he should wear a FAIL t-shirt instead 😀
  9. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    09 Aug '11 10:352 edits
    You just didn't get the point of my post.

The gay rights movement just want to change laws and peoples point of view to make what they do legal and acceptable.

If you had a group of paedos looking to change the law to make what they do legal and acceptable would you find the T shirt offensive?

Wearing the T shirt was the wrong thing to do.
    I also didn't get the point of your post, and you do a bad job explaining it. You probably (hopefully) meant no harm, but the way you put it is very wrong indeed!

Whatever gay people do (other than hetero), no one gets hurt emotionally or physically. No one must do anything against his/her will. With the examples you gave (sex with children/animals) it is a whole different matter. Therefore you cannot compare this. So please don't.

And you use the word offensive. I fail to see how anyone can be offended by a t-shirt about gay rights/organisation. You may find it inappropriate or whatever, but offensive no. Not if you respect other people and accept the fact that other people may think and feel different than yourself.

Next time explain yourself better, or refrain from such false comparisons.

Adje.
  10. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 10:06
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    The fact that you still have the chutzpah to compare gay rights and paedophilia ((and use that abbreviation, just like your mates at the Daily Hate), says more about you than anybody should ever have to know.

You disgust me.

Richard
    What does it say about me?

I wasn't comparing gay rights to paedophilia, just comparing two minority groups fighting for their apparent rights.

I dislike gays and I dislike paedos, the latter group, however, in my opinion should be shot. I also dislike people who use drugs and am no lover of religion.

Guess what I have the ability to make these choices.

If that disgusts you, or anyone else, so be it. I won't lose any sleep.

After all you have the choice whether you find me disgusting or not.
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 10:14
    Originally posted by adje
    I also didn't get the point of your post, and you do a bad job explaining it. You probably (hopefully) meant no harm, but the way you put it is very wrong indeed!

Whatever gay people do (other than hetero), no one gets hurt emotionally or physically. No one must do anything against his/her will. With the examples you gave (sex with children/animals) it is a ...[text shortened]... urself.

Next time explain yourself better, or refrain from such false comparisons.

Adje.
    I was comparing minority group with minority group, not the activities of either.

Please don't tell me whether I should think things are just inapproriate rather than offensive.

If I stopped and had a pee in a busy street would it be

a. inappropriate
    b. disgusting
    c. offensive
    d. funny

It could be any of the above depending on how the individual views the situation.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 11:001 edit
    What does it say about me?

I wasn't comparing gay rights to paedophilia, just comparing two minority groups fighting for their apparent rights.

I dislike gays and I dislike paedos, the latter group, however, in my opinion should be shot. I also dislike people who use drugs and am no lover of religion.

Guess what I have the ability to make the ...[text shortened]... won't lose any sleep.

After all you have the choice whether you find me disgusting or not.
    What's the name of the 'paedophile rights' movement?
  13. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 11:021 edit
    I was comparing minority group with minority group, not the activities of either.

Please don't tell me whether I should think things are just inapproriate rather than offensive.

If I stopped and had a pee in a busy street would it be

a. inappropriate
    b. disgusting
    c. offensive
    d. funny

It could be any of the above depending on how the individual views the situation.
    And I was saying that your comparison was not a good one, actually based on the activities of both. But apparently we disagree on that one, that's ok.

About the peeing example, you can add e. illegal.

As you point out, you are free to think what you want. I only hope that when you look at a gay person, that you accept the fact that it may or may not be a (very) nice person apart from being gay.

Maybe somewhere along the way you will change your point of view, or maybe I do. We just should keep our minds open, more we cannot do.

Enough said? If not, we should take it to another forum.

Adje
  14. Pities the fool
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 17:12
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    I supported his stance (withdrawing from the prize giving) no room for
    anything like that in Chess. But now all the facts are out I think a bit of
    give and take on this one would have sorted things out.
    So is he the chairman of the gay rights group or the chairman of the ECF? So he really wasn't there to present any prizes or promote chess but just to stir controversy. That is what is expected of an ECF chairman isn't it? 😉
  15. bedlam
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 20:35
    Originally posted by kopatov
    So is he the chairman of the gay rights group or the chairman of the ECF? So he really wasn't there to present any prizes or promote chess but just to stir controversy. That is what is expected of an ECF chairman isn't it? 😉
    no,that's the FIDE president's job

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree