Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Subscriber lemondrop
    sizzle
    17 Jul '14 05:51
    why does the winner take all and the loser get nothing?
    doesn't seem fair
  2. Subscriber lemondrop
    sizzle
    17 Jul '14 08:16 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    why does the winner take all and the loser get nothing?
    doesn't seem fair
    example: 10 member challenge won by score of 20-0, winner gets 20 points and loser gets 0 points

    in another 10 member challenge won by score of 10-9.5, winner still gets 20 points and the loser still 0

    where is the fairness, the logic?

    This allows for too many lopsided scores thus inflating some clans positions on the clan ladders especially those clans loaded with sandbaggers and unscrupulous clan leaders

    It's not to late to change, to remedy this situation would be a start
  3. Subscriber Ponderableonline On Vacation
    chemist
    17 Jul '14 08:57 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    why does the winner take all and the loser get nothing?
    doesn't seem fair
    The net points are counted and the net points is the default metrics for the table displayed.
  4. 17 Jul '14 10:54
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    example: 10 member challenge won by score of 20-0, winner gets 20 points and loser gets 0 points

    in another 10 member challenge won by score of 10-9.5, winner still gets 20 points and the loser still 0

    where is the fairness, the logic?

    This allows for too many lopsided scores thus inflating some clans positions on the clan ladders especially those ...[text shortened]... scrupulous clan leaders

    It's not to late to change, to remedy this situation would be a start
    It does not matter what scoring system is used, the sandbaggers and unscrupulous will exploit it. That is what they do.
  5. 17 Jul '14 11:55
    Engine users, sandbaggers and the unscrupulous.

    Is this a chess site or a refuge for bandits.
  6. Subscriber lemondrop
    sizzle
    17 Jul '14 14:29 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    The net points are counted and the net points is the default metrics for the table displayed.
    could you give an example.
    I my example of the clan that wins a 10 member match by only 1 point gets the same amount of points as if they won by 20, the nine points the loser scores has no bearing on the net score. The only time the losing clan gets any net points is when there is a draw.
    All I am saying is why the are the net points and gross points the same for the winner? It is the net points that determine the ladder rankings not the gross
  7. Standard member Schlecter
    The King of Board
    17 Jul '14 22:06
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Engine users, sandbaggers and the unscrupulous.

    Is this a chess site or a refuge for bandits.
    Sandbaggers are OK.

    Engine Users?..... not so bad.

    Only the unscrupulous are nasty people

    what about "fake profiles"?