1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 20:56
    I have decided that I have reached the highest level I can reach by teaching myself. I am surprised that I made it to 1700 here since I am very terrible at teaching myself, however, I learn VERY quickly with a teacher. I am willing to pay fifteen dollars an hour for up to fifteen hours each week.
  2. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 20:58
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I have decided that I have reached the highest level I can reach by teaching myself. I am surprised that I made it to 1700 here since I am very terrible at teaching myself, however, I learn VERY quickly with a teacher. I am willing to pay fifteen dollars an hour for up to fifteen hours each week.
    Lesson #1 - Be willing to pay more.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 21:09
    Originally posted by PBE6
    Lesson #1 - Be willing to pay more.
    You don't need to blow my game up G. 😛 I can only go up to 400 a week for now.
  4. Joined
    10 Oct '09
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 21:13
    15 X 15 = 225 X 4 = 900$

That's half of what I make a month!! 😲

You're nuts 🙄
  5. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 21:14
    I'll play you ten 1 minute games on the RHP Blitz for 15 bucks 😛
  6. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 21:23
    You don't need to blow my game up G. 😛 I can only go up to 400 a week for now.
    Ha! Just saying, I think chess coaching is somewhere in the range of $40-$60 per hour, like most music lessons. Also, according to wormwood, working on tactics for a few hours every day is the best way to achieve a of up to 2000. Considering his playing strength, I'd take his advice.
  7. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 21:39
    Ha! Just saying, I think chess coaching is somewhere in the range of $40-$60 per hour, like most music lessons. Also, according to wormwood, working on tactics for a few hours every day is the best way to achieve a of up to 2000. Considering his playing strength, I'd take his advice.
    yeah, just spending all that time on tactics is best.. thats what Im currently doing, very cost effective 🙂

also, instead of 400 a week, what about getting chessmentor for 100 a year? awesome program
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 21:49
    I can say whatever per hour. I can pay 400 per hour for one hour a week but 60 an hour for six hours a week. I already do tactics every day for an hour and a half. I'm more interested in OTB, I play very quickly here which is not conducive to reaching the best rating.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 21:58
    Originally posted by irontigran
    yeah, just spending all that time on tactics is best.. thats what Im currently doing, very cost effective 🙂

also, instead of 400 a week, what about getting chessmentor for 100 a year? awesome program
    The statistics show that those with coaches generally improve faster. I can still study on my own and have a coach. The bottom line is that i have decided that I want a coach and that is what the thread is about, it is not about people trying to convince me not to have a coach.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 22:002 edits
    I can say whatever per hour. I can pay 400 per hour for one hour a week but 60 an hour for six hours a week. I already do tactics every day for an hour and a half. I'm more interested in OTB, I play very quickly here which is not conducive to reaching the best rating.
    i ll take you under my tutorship for a mere 10 dollars per hour, however it wont be easy, you must be willing to look at positions aesthetically, to create and express your self, to learn and then unlearn the principles of chess as creativity supersedes mere rote and imagination overcomes mere pedantry, to bind them to your will. In essence what i promise is that tactics shall flow from your positions like angry sea horses riding tumultuous waves and crashing against the pieces of your opponent. For a mere ten buck a roonees, to study the way of the Robbie, is a prestegious offer indeed!
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 22:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i ll take you under my tutorship for a mere 10 dollars per hour, however it wont be easy, you must be willing to look at positions aesthetically, to create and express your self, to learn and then unlearn the principles of chess as creativity supersedes mere rote and imagination overcomes mere pedantry, to bind them to your will. In essence what i p ...[text shortened]... like angry sea horses riding tumultuous waves and crashing against the pieces of your opponent.
    Lol I would except your french defense was murdered by my ferocious imagination and subtle artistry. 😛
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 22:16
    Lol I would except your french defense was murdered by my ferocious imagination and subtle artistry. 😛
    ah yes my friend, alas i have given up the French defence, it was too stifling, to rigid in its conception, one needs freedom to create, in such an environment it was all but impossible! really wish you well in effort to find a coach 🙂
  13. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 23:16
    What level coach were you looking for? If you want masters I would suggest trying ICC - there are alot of coaches there and if you were to ask a FM or IM I am sure they would give you quite good rates (as the grands tend to ask higher prices as their services are mroe sought after) and be glad that somebody recognises their quality.
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 23:22
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    What level coach were you looking for? If you want masters I would suggest trying ICC - there are alot of coaches there and if you were to ask a FM or IM I am sure they would give you quite good rates (as the grands tend to ask higher prices as their services are mroe sought after) and be glad that somebody recognises their quality.
    I'm searching everywhere. Preferably someone who has at least a few years of coaching experience.
  15. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 23:27
    The statistics show that those with coaches generally improve faster. I can still study on my own and have a coach. The bottom line is that i have decided that I want a coach and that is what the thread is about, it is not about people trying to convince me not to have a coach.
    not trying to change your mind!

a good idea to find a coach might be to go to chess.com and use their "find a coach" feature, and look on the map and see if someones near you, check out their profile which should show rating and price..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree