1. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '10 12:41
    http://www.truechess.com/web/champs.html Enjoy!
  2. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    31 Mar '10 16:18
    cool site, I wonder how long it takes to blunder check and sort the data like that. Anyway, I thought of a flaw in the numbers. With Morphy and Steinitz I would think that the blunder check should start more at like move 10 as opening theory was a lot lower and with say Kramnik on it should be later like move 20-25.
  3. Joined
    06 Oct '02
    Moves
    31 Mar '10 17:001 edit
    Very surprising to see Alekhine rated so low on those tables. He is considered one of the giants of chess and people often disparage Euwe's match win over him as a total fluke but the 3 year table shows Euwe in the 1931-1934 (1 year before their first match) as being stronger than any 3 year performance by Alekhine?
  4. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    31 Mar '10 18:52
    Originally posted by mcreynolds
    Very surprising to see Alekhine rated so low on those tables. He is considered one of the giants of chess and people often disparage Euwe's match win over him as a total fluke but the 3 year table shows Euwe in the 1931-1934 (1 year before their first match) as being stronger than any 3 year performance by Alekhine?
    Euwe's win wasn't a fluke, he played world champion quality chess during this period of time and outplayed Alekhine. It was an upset, but not a fluke.
  5. Standard memberrandolph
    the walrus
    an English garden
    Moves
    31 Mar '10 19:40
    Originally posted by Maxacre42
    Euwe's win wasn't a fluke, he played world champion quality chess during this period of time and outplayed Alekhine. It was an upset, but not a fluke.
    This. A fluke would imply that there had been an adverse situation affecting Alekhine at the time of the match, i.e. a death in the family. Alekhine's drunkenness was entirely his own fault.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree