Computer 0 - Sicilian Najdorf

Computer 0 - Sicilian Najdorf

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
16 Jan 14
4 edits

Have managed to win against the saitek master in the Sicilian Najdorf, after 20 moves its lost its queen, works up to 20 sec per move.

I've looked up the line in a few opening books, on move 13 black offers a rook for a bishop, but the books decline it.

Opening

But this variant beats the computer; 10.Nxc6 bxc6 11.e5 Ne8 12.Bh6. all blacks pieces are on the back rank and its castles is at risk, still not lost, black has the b file to attack white. Here's the game, its not that great the computer losses with 18...Qxg2 it then has to give up its queen to stop mate. 18...Ng7 it finds with 30 seconds saves the queen. Its quite tough to beat in the sicilian, ususally it plays Qb6 then wins in a few moves just found this computer blunder, sort of helps to checkmate itself.

Idiot 1

🙂 It has loads of Sicilian variants about 5 in the Najdorf.

Moves
16 Jan 14

It's "only" Dragon. Chess books abput Dragon variations are full of blunders (*Tal made one in sixties, and Dr. Trifunovic overtook it in his Opening Therory I-II), and computer beginners are just filling the machine with ancient mistakes written on the parchment.

e

Moves
16 Jan 14

Originally posted by vandervelde
It's "only" Dragon. Chess books abput Dragon variations are full of blunders (*Tal made one in sixties, and Dr. Trifunovic overtook it in his Opening Therory I-II), and computer beginners are just filling the machine with ancient mistakes written on the parchment.
Maybe it is the dragon, the line with 2...d6, Its not the main line it uses.