1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 14:39
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    To be honest, I'm not quite sure what you meant by this.

As an aside, I couldn't resist some tweaks to the spreadsheet. (I just discovered the data validity feature. 🙂 ) I uploaded version 1.2 to the drop ( http://drop.io/vacaland1 ). I left the old version there, at least for now.

Version 1.2 changes:
    1) Changed data validity for input cells to n ...[text shortened]... o get their ratings as low as possible would run into the problem of negative ratings output.
    A recent banned example of that was a dude calling himself 'Exabyte'. I think there were several others he tried in that series, Gigabyte and so forth. I played him in a blitz game and he wanted me to mate him with fools mate so steered the game to that, but I caught on and refused to do that, he insulted me an ran off in a huff. So there actually are nutjobs like that out there for real!
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 15:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Anyone make a spreadsheet of ratings, say, from = to +/- 400 points in maybe ten point increments? The minimum you can win is 1 point I think, the max 32? Not sure. So if someone is 100 points higher and wins, how many points does he win? If = the winner gets 16 points?
    I've got one in 100 point increments. The formula is public, so there's no difficulty to it. It's not even a lot of work in a good spreadsheet program - just get it to do all the repetitive work for you.

Not that it told me anything I didn't already know, mind you.

Richard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree