1. Joined
    15 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 May '10 23:06
    how do i make a conditional move that includes castling as one of the moves?
  2. ...who does not know
    Moves
    14 May '10 00:13
    Originally posted by Chris Housser
    If it is not allowing you to make the conditional move, you may be moving through, or into check. Or you are in check to begin with. I don't think there is a "trick" to making an unconditional castle. I believe you make the move just like you would in a game.
    Eric
  3. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    14 May '10 01:49
    Originally posted by Chris Housser
    I know what you are talking about, but I don't have an answer. Sometimes I have assumed my opponent will castle, but when I try to put the move in, it lets me move his king over two squares, but the rook doesn't "flip".

It hasn't been a big deal, so I have just let it go, but I definitely know what you mean.
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '03
    Moves
    14 May '10 07:14
    I think you can do it in only the deep mode for some reason.
  5. Joined
    15 Mar '09
    Moves
    14 May '10 08:19
    I couldn't do it in deep mode either. But Paul is right, you move the king over two spots, and the rook doesn't "flip". The conditional move program doesn't recognize it as a potential move.

not a huge deal, but a slight issue that should be able to be worked out.
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '03
    Moves
    14 May '10 13:50
    It does work in deep mode for me. You have to set up the board then click "Record Conditional Move" before castling for it to work.
  7. Joined
    15 Mar '09
    Moves
    14 May '10 19:16
    hmmmm, my conditional move involved my opponent castling on his move, and it didn't seem to wanna work. it's been played out already, but i'll have to try again in the future.
  8. Joined
    30 Jun '08
    Moves
    14 May '10 21:07
    Like sylvander said it will work in deep mode. It just won't do it automatically. You have to move the king over two spots then you have to manually move the rook over then hit "record conditional move".
  9. ...who does not know
    Moves
    14 May '10 21:53
    Originally posted by Eric LeFavour
    If it is not allowing you to make the conditional move, you may be moving through, or into check. Or you are in check to begin with. I don't think there is a "trick" to making an unconditional castle. I believe you make the move just like you would in a game.
    Eric
    Sorry Mr. Housser. I did not mean to insult your intelligence. I guess I did not interpret the question quite right. I've never had the situation come up that you are talking about, but this thread will help me prepare for it. I was thinking you were doing the castling, not your opponent. Makes much more sense now. LOL 🙂
    Eric

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree