1. Joined
    10 Nov '04
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 12:47
    After playing some regular chess here, I was interested in playing online correspondence Chinese chess (or xiangqi), but I couldn't find anything like that (and in English). So, I wrote my own, and I thought others might be interested...

http://www.simplyxiangqi.com

It's free (though with adverts, I'm afraid), has ELO ratings, shows you threatened pieces and valid moves, and has help describing the rules.

Give it a go, let me know what you think.
  2. Joined
    04 Apr '06
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 14:121 edit
    I am moving to Japan next year (like anybody care 😴 ). What do they play there: chess or chinese chess? Would love to try.
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 14:22
    Originally posted by Jee
    I am moving to Japan next year (like anybody care 😴 ). What do they play there: chess or chinese chess? Would love to try.
    They play Shogi --- Japanese chess, oh, and "Go" is quite popular over there too

As for this site, Well done, I had a look around, and it does seem to be a pretty good site.

A while back, I tried to get into both shogi and xiangQi, but i was never able to find any decent software, or just a site to play/learn...

I'll sign up later.
  4. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 15:101 edit
    Originally posted by limboduck
    After playing some regular chess here, I was interested in playing online correspondence Chinese chess (or xiangqi), but I couldn't find anything like that (and in English). So, I wrote my own, and I thought others might be interested...

It's free (though with adverts, I'm afraid), has ELO ratings, shows you threatened p ...[text shortened]... valid moves, and has help describing the rules.

I've played Xiangqi at www.clubxiangqi.com, but i'm afraid i wasn't very good. I haven't learned the nuance's of the play, and only really learned the piece moves from a web page. I will try your site out bud, but i will be getting the soft cushion and germoline out for the constant butt whipping.
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 15:12
    Originally posted by Shinidoki
    They play Shogi --- Japanese chess, oh, and "Go" is quite popular over there too

As for this site, Well done, I had a look around, and it does seem to be a pretty good site.

A while back, I tried to get into both shogi and xiangQi, but i was never able to find any decent software, or just a site to play/learn...

I'll sign up later.
    http://www.clubxiangqi.com/

great realtime xiangqi site. . .be prepared to be beaten. i had a site with the rules. . .i'll check to see if i still have it.
  6. Joined
    26 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 17:27
    i signed up. have no idea how to play though. pretty well arranged site as far as i've seen. we'll see how badly i get beaten by this 'sun tzu' character, then i'll let you know...
  7. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 18:34
    Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
    i signed up. have no idea how to play though. pretty well arranged site as far as i've seen. we'll see how badly i get beaten by this 'sun tzu' character, then i'll let you know...
    "Sun Tzu" is me.....Have you ever played before?
  8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 20:53
    Originally posted by limboduck

It's free (though with adverts, I'm afraid), has ELO ratings, shows you threatened p ...[text shortened]... valid moves, and has help describing the rules.

Funnily enough i was looking for a place to try Chinese chess just the other day!! I'll have to check it out. 😀
  9. Joined
    26 Jul '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 09:27
    never. not once. i do like elephants though. 😏
  10. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 14:32
    I just started a game on your site (nicely done by the way), my hamdle is Huck. . . inventive sort that i am.

I have not recieved notification of moves by e-mail. I have chosen the option, but i have not recieved one, did i misread, or is this an error ?
  11. Joined
    26 May '06
    Moves
    20 Sep '06 16:32
    yup

FYI, here is a website with some information about Xiang Qi, & how to play it right:

http://home1.gte.net/res1bup4/chess_intro.htm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree