1. over there
    Moves
    20 Feb '07 21:38
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Who is complaining?
    None in this thread that I see, but a lot of people complain about bullet and blitz chess and say that they aren't "real chess", which is funny; I've never played fake chess.
  2. over there
    Moves
    20 Feb '07 21:39
    Originally posted by zebano
    Have you spent more time playing blitz or playing slow? due to the amount of time per game, it's a given that most chess players nowadays play more blitz games, but I think time as a whole on each category counts.

I personally love 3/0 blitz and I have been bouncing around the 1700 level on playchess by playing sharper lines than I typically play (in particular the freak attack against d6 Sicilians).
    I've spent way more time playing blitz and bullet than slow. I really only play slow games at the club.
  3. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 11:04
    Originally posted by z00t
    I'm sick of all the people who complain about blitz - particularly when they lose at it. Look at the speed chess games of the likes of Short and Adams and tell me if they could play like that if they spent all their time on CC?
    Ahh at last I found the complaints department, I wish to complain about about the bad weather we had yesterday which meant I couldn't take my dog out until later in the day and obvioulsy complain about blitz too
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 15:14
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    Ahh at last I found the complaints department, I wish to complain about about the bad weather we had yesterday which meant I couldn't take my dog out until later in the day and obvioulsy complain about blitz too
    Shut up, or I'll complain about you. Threadjacker.
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 20:03
    I really like to play bullet blitz (1/0) !

see.... I'm not complaining..... 😀
  6. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 20:38
    An interesting question is still: If you took a champion standard TC player, and put him against a champion blitz player, and used standard TC wouldn't the standard player have a large advantage? Adversely, would the blitz player have a large advantage in G\10?

What do you think is taken more seriously in professional chess? The World Open, or the Blitz side event? And why do you think that is?

Personally, I enjoy chess in all its incarnations. But, I relish standard play, and I can't gleam anything from playing blitz other than the simple fun of it.
  7. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 23:391 edit
    Originally posted by AlphaAlekhine
    An interesting question is still: If you took a champion standard TC player, and put him against a champion blitz player, and used standard TC wouldn't the standard player have a large advantage? Adversely, would the blitz player have a large advantage in G\10?

What do you think is taken more seriously in professional chess? The World Open, or th ...[text shortened]... standard play, and I can't gleam anything from playing blitz other than the simple fun of it.
    well, it's obvious the standard game has more weight in the professional circles, but I wouldn't be surprized if blitz took over at some point. after all, it's vastly more popular on the amateur level because of the internet, and it's also a lot more spectator friendly. it even has what it takes for a reasonable tv feed, unlike classical games which can have 50 minute breaks between moves.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree