1. Joined
    11 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '09 06:46
    game: 5963712(sorry, dont know how to post game links)

I felt like i was better here but I couldn't see any winning line for myself. I've never beaten or drawm against a 2000+ player so i was happy when he excepted my draw offer......but he did it so quickly..makes me wonder if i am missing something.
  2. London
    Moves
    04 Apr '09 06:581 edit
    It looks fairly even with everything to play for...have you asked them why?

This is the trick but without the stars:

[*gid]yourgameidhere[*/gid]
    [*pgn]yourpgnhere[*/pgn]

Game 5963712

3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    04 Apr '09 07:42
    He wants to know if White can win, so you all know.
  4. Joined
    11 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '09 11:08
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    He wants to know if White can win, so you all know.
    could do without the sarcasm...........never mind, shouldn't have posted at all
  5. e4
    Moves
    04 Apr '09 11:35
    Hi

Just skipped through it - Marshall Gambit.

I went to;

http://www.timeforchess.com/gamesexplorer/

This site is going to be updated very very soon. But it did indicate
    a player called 'mtthw ' graded 2090 User 182212 is fond
    of playing the black side of this gambit.

So give him a PM and see what he thinks.

He seems to post fairly often, so perhaps ask him to pop onto
    here and post his findings.
  6. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Apr '09 11:55
    Originally posted by Bostonsux81
    could do without the sarcasm...........never mind, shouldn't have posted at all
    If there was any sarcasm there, I guess I missed it. I thought he was just clarifying which side you were playing (although one could find out by looking at the PGN or header info). Don't be so touchy! 🙂
  7. Joined
    23 May '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '09 15:51
    At a glance, it would seem that the d-pawn coupled with rook pair for white would mean an endgame advantage as black's attack is over. Though the game seems to be fairly balanced it is dynamic and difficult to judge how best to go on.

I suppose the response here for black would be Bxa3. This is a pawn grab as if bxa3? Nxc3 forking rook and queen getting rid of the rook pair, weakening the queenside pawns and givng the edge to black. This would let white exchange queens off with Qe5 QxQ dxQ, it seems fairly even but i don't think a draw is likely because of the rook and pawn for two peices means it is inbalanced and the passed pawn is very dangerous. Perhaps white is nosing in front?

Black's counterplay would have to come on the queenside with the pawn majority but if black exchanges rooks, which must be an objective, then pushing one home will prove difficult. Yet allowing the rook pair for white must be suicide for black to a well played white game?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree