1. Joined
    06 May '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '09 13:24
    Originally posted by philidor position
    why don't you use algebraic notation? you are not the real Greco, are you? 🙂
    That's quite a coincidence, since I'm the real NN.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Aug '09 23:48
    Originally posted by philidor position
    why don't you use algebraic notation? you are not the real Greco, are you? 🙂
    The real Greco, LOL.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 14:331 edit
    Originally posted by Meadows
    That's quite a coincidence, since I'm the real NN.
    tell me then, I've always wondered, are you real or are you constructed by Greco for educative purposes?
  4. Joined
    18 Aug '09
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 02:37
    What is so wrong with correct notation? Nowadays, there's all these new-school videos and databases... Back in my day, we'd have two frames and enjoy it! LOL hey I know that if someone actually reads these moves they'll have played them out this way, at least, rather than searching for them on the internet... Ever since I found this website (actually ever since I've played chess, but this just validated it) http://www.eudesign.com/chessops/ I've liked descriptive better!

Greco

P. S.: I'm named 'Greco' since I like the 'Greco Countergambit' so much
  5. Standard memberCimon
    Strategos
    Ancient Greece
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 08:161 edit
    Originally posted by King Greco
    What is so wrong with correct notation? Nowadays, there's all these new-school videos and databases... Back in my day, we'd have two frames and enjoy it! LOL hey I know that if someone actually reads these moves they'll have played them out this way, at least, rather than searching for them on the internet... Ever since I found this website (actually ever r!

Greco

P. S.: I'm named 'Greco' since I like the 'Greco Countergambit' so much
    Why do you think that only notation you use is "correct"? Its the same as you argue in language which other don't understand only because you think that your language is more "correct" than other languages.
  6. Joined
    18 Aug '09
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 12:47
    Wow... you guys take this really seriously... O.o obviously I'm not trying into get into one of these signature Red Hot Pawn 'debates' where some guy like Cimon uses superb logic to dismantle everything I say... my bad, I was just getting the point across that out of all of these forums, if one dude uses descriptive notation, it's probably going to be me! I don't have any problem with any other notation at all... FYI, this thread was supposed to be about the Double Muzio Gambit, not about notations LOL

Greco
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 15:39
    Wow... you guys take this really seriously... O.o obviously I'm not trying into get into one of these signature Red Hot Pawn 'debates' where some guy like Cimon uses superb logic to dismantle everything I say... my bad, I was just getting the point across that out of all of these forums, if one dude uses descriptive notation, it's probably going to be me! ...[text shortened]... s thread was supposed to be about the Double Muzio Gambit, not about notations LOL

Greco
    it is true King Greco, peace be upon you, that other King of Chess, the late R.J.Fischer (peace be upon him) also used descriptive notation throughout his life and i personally think that it is easier to visualise Pawn to King four than 1.e4, however, you are correct, this is not about notation, it would be a great pity if your analysis and the wisdom that it contains were lost on us patzer noobs, for we like to click and paste the notation into our respective chess programs and analyse with a virtual board rather than a real one, (i know its no good but its convenient).
  8. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 16:29
    FYI, this thread was supposed to be about the Double Muzio Gambit, not about notations LOL

Greco
    that's what you get posting analysis in obsolete notation. no one will bother suffering through your lines, as they'll probably be filled with typing errors anyway. wise up, use modern notation, and there will be loads of people willing to discuss your lines. trying to argue in favor of descriptive will get you absolutely nowhere.

naming the thread double muzio gambit would've helped as well. but obsolete notation was the real problem.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree