1. Joined
    11 Aug '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 21:49
    Hi everyone,

Just been using chess tempo after having used cts for a while and have to say I enjoy it more. Nicer interface, feels a lot more relaxed due to harsh time constraints - I mean, I know it's good to recognise tactical opportunities quickly but getting marked down after 3 seconds thinking time? Give me a break.

So, which do you prefer and why?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 17:23
    Originally posted by lordgledhill
    Hi everyone,

Just been using chess tempo after having used cts for a while and have to say I enjoy it more. Nicer interface, feels a lot more relaxed due to harsh time constraints - I mean, I know it's good to recognise tactical opportunities quickly but getting marked down after 3 seconds thinking time? Give me a break.

never tried chess tempo, cts is good for me. I'm rated 1591
  3. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 17:351 edit
    At this point, I prefer Chess Tempo, exactly because the time constraints. At some point, though, when I am trying to increase my speed, I will spend more time back at CTS I think.

I also like the fact that Chess Tempo gives you "that was a good move, but not the computer's first choice. Try again"
  4. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 17:53
    Originally posted by MrHand
    I also like the fact that Chess Tempo gives you "that was a good move, but not the computer's first choice. Try again"
    that's usually the point where I respond: "no, that's THE best move, and you should've let the engine run longer or discard the ambiguous problem." 🙂
  5. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 20:07
    Originally posted by wormwood
    that's usually the point where I respond: "no, that's THE best move, and you should've let the engine run longer or discard the ambiguous problem." 🙂
    haha. Well, after looking a little longer, each time I've said, the computer is right...that is a much better move. Someday I hope to be at your level where I feel more confident in telling the computer off.
  6. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '08 02:50
    Originally posted by lordgledhill
    Hi everyone,

I have no clue what you're talking about.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Nov '08 05:51
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    I have no clue what you're talking about.
    If I am not mistaken, he is talking about chess tempo.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '08 07:19
    chess tempo is way overrated, after 30 problems, I'm rated 2035...
    I'm only 1588 on CTS
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '08 07:241 edit
    It's not overrated, it's just a different rating system with a different pool. It makes no sense to assume that the ratings should somehow be equivalent anymore than I'd expect my online ratings to be the same as my OTB ratings. Anyway, I like CTS better right now because the correct solution tends to be less ambiguous.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree