1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '10 06:12
    surely i would've lost this game had we played on?

2. Standard memberMariska Angela
    Nyuszi, golyó!
    Moves
    31 Mar '10 07:281 edit
    It was in your opponent good to accept the repetition draw, otherwise you could win.

Qf8 could be drawn too. If your opponent chooses to play g6 to cover for the king then i think you have good chance of winning.

But I believe a draw is sound there yes
  3. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    31 Mar '10 07:381 edit
    How so? Are you assuming black to blunder? Because otherwise I think black sould win, and his main first task is to eliminate perpetual.

Just an example: Qf5+ Kh8 Qc8+ Nd8! Qxd8+ Kh7 and white has no check other than on d3, to which black answers g6. Black has pressure on white's kingside, and a sound extra pawn.
  4. Standard memberMariska Angela
    Nyuszi, golyó!
    Moves
    31 Mar '10 07:471 edit
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    How so? Are you assuming black to blunder? Because otherwise I think black sould win, and his main first task is to eliminate perpetual.
    Well, what i'm looking at is

33. Qc8 Qf8 QxN. Could be drawn there

32 Qf5+ g6 33. Qxf7+ Kh8 34. QxR. White could win there
  5. Standard memberMariska Angela
    Nyuszi, golyó!
    Moves
    31 Mar '10 07:551 edit

Just an example: Qf5+ Kh8 Qc8+ Nd8! Qxd8+ Kh7 and white has no check other than on d3, to which black answers g6. Black has pressure on white's kingside, and a sound extra pawn.
    Ye, haven't seen your line, looks like black could have advantage there
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '10 12:41
    I think black agreed to the draw by not hindering the repetition of moves.
    It would cost him a piece, yes, but he had still the advantage.
  7. Joined
    04 Nov '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '10 12:461 edit
    A darw/draw/ward was a fair enough offer unless black had seen that specific line sacking the night on d8 (although there are obviously still chances with the qf8 line).

There can come a stage in a game when you can guarantee a draw or decide whether to push on for the win. I think that there are studies that show we are inately conservative in that we value what we hold at an irrationally high level and this factor probably explains the majority of agreed draws.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '10 12:59
    Originally posted by Habeascorp
    A darw/draw/ward was a fair enough offer unless black had seen that specific line sacking the night on d8 (although there are obviously still chances with the qf8 line).

There can come a stage in a game when you can guarantee a draw or decide whether to push on for the win. I think that there are studies that show we are inately conservative in that w ...[text shortened]... ld at an irrationally high level and this factor probably explains the majority of agreed draws.
    i played the possible lines from sacking the knight and i didn't fancy my chances, maybe my opponent didn't look at it.

i draw a lot of games and i somewhat agree with that theory but it shouldn't have come intro play here, it was a ladder game were a draw was of no use to my opponent, only to me. sure xe got a few rating points because of the draw but surely the main aim should've been to climb the ladder with the win.
  9. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '10 21:43
    Without taking more than a glance at it...

Black is up a piece and a pawn and is threatening mate beginning with Qf4+. There's no way white can win back the piece and prevent mate at the same time. Eventually white has to play something like Qf5 to prevent mate and black would play Qf4+ anyway leading to a R,N and 3 P vs. R and 3 P endgame. Pretty easy win for black.

So yes white should play for a "darw"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree