1. Standard memberelassasino
    king of vectors
    center squares :p
    Moves
    03 Apr '18 13:28
    Ha i bet this has'nt been typed about, has anyone besides me ever offered a draw to a complete stranger simply because they felt for whatever reason, that they didn't want to chkm8te them ? the handfull of times i've done this is usually out of respect for a tremendous effort at defense, & perhaps a few lovely ladys who chatted me up : }

What a wonderful if whacky enterprise chess is; for 2 very physically separated strangers to do ... to converge & joust under severely restrictive rules ... & a joust that the vast majority of our species is largely ignorant of ... as the french & quebecians purportedly say;
    jusqu'à la prochaine foisau revoir. : }
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 Apr '18 19:112 edits
    Tabarnak de foie gras!

No, I only offer draws when I'm out of good moves and hope that the other player feels the same way for their side. Sometimes I do feel a slight twinge of pity and loss when executing checkmate, but of course I also admire good play by a difficult opponent, especially if we are evenly matched and have both been on the verge of checkmating each other for several moves.

As for being swayed by flirtation, so far none of the guys has flirted with me (that I know of), and if they had, I would have seen it as a sign of doubt in their own chess abilities. Heartless and cruel am I to the wiles of flirty guys (and gals).
  3. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 10:45
    I totally don't know who is the other person.
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 12:38
    Originally posted by @elassasino
    Ha i bet this has'nt been typed about, has anyone besides me ever offered a draw to a complete stranger simply because they felt for whatever reason, that they didn't want to chkm8te them ? the handfull of times i've done this is usually out of respect for a tremendous effort at defense, & perhaps a few lovely ladys who chatted me up : }

What a won ...[text shortened]... of ... as the french & quebecians purportedly say;
    jusqu'à la prochaine foisau revoir. : }
    No. Call me rigid if you will, but much as I might respect my opponents fighting spirit, or women who play chess, I enter tournaments to compete. I welcome a bit of friendly chat, or better still, some post game analysis, but when I'm on the clock I don't give away 1/2 points just because I like someone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree