1. Joined
    08 Nov '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 23:01
    It is true i forced forfeit on wiabj to win the may 2009 long haul octet x. But i do not apologize for it he had 21 days to move and was online several times with many opportunities so his criticism is uncalled for. I have been called names and treated very disrespectfully and I am calling for an apology from him. If players like him are allowed to play at rhp I will never return.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 23:05
    Originally posted by roughneck1020
    It is true i forced forfeit on wiabj to win the may 2009 long haul octet x. But i do not apologize for it he had 21 days to move and was online several times with many opportunities so his criticism is uncalled for. I have been called names and treated very disrespectfully and I am calling for an apology from him. If players like him are allowed to play at rhp I will never return.
    Roughneck???... more like no-neck. Thicken your skin up fool.
  3. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 23:08
    When you say "forced" you mean you just clicked the skull when your opponents time ran out? I feel no compulsion to give an opponent extra time. I take skulls without hesitation and expect the same.
  4. e4
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 23:28
    What you talking about Rouchneck.

wiabj lasted posted on here in 2008.
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 23:34
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    What you talking about Rouchneck.

wiabj lasted posted on here in 2008.
    How long did it last? 😛
  6. Joined
    08 Nov '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 23:47
    Wow I just reread my original post and I do sound like I am whining. I guess my anger and frustration got the best of me. However now that it is out there just for the record he is the rudest player i have ever met. I really just want him to move and quit stalling.
  7. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 00:10
    DMD - dead man's defense, this is why most people won't play super long time controls.
  8. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 00:12
    ... for the record he is the rudest player i have ever met. ...
    you've led a sheltered life. treasure your innocence, it won't last.
  9. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 00:15
    I laugh in the face of those I time out. Rules is rules.
  10. Joined
    07 Apr '10
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 15:15
    If this is the worst problem you have in your life, then you have a very great life. Enjoy it!
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 17:02
    Wow I just reread my original post and I do sound like I am whining. I guess my anger and frustration got the best of me. However now that it is out there just for the record he is the rudest player i have ever met. I really just want him to move and quit stalling.
    What you really want is to pay your subs so that you can start more games.
  12. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 17:42
    This is nonsense. I've played Wiabj in the past, and found no problem. And on the occasion in view here, Wiabj has done nothing unreasonable either; certainly nothing to merit this attack.

The game in question is an irrelevant 'dead rubber' in a 21/21 tourney where both players have long since lost all chance of winning it. Both players have dawdled along, using up all their timebank (Roughneck has 18 mins left; Wiabj, nothing). Wiabj hasn't moved for 12 days; that's about par for this game.

It cannot be the best use of one's life for either party to spend months dragging it out. Roughneck has an advantage, and may wish to see if he can convert it to a win. That could take weeks; in Roughneck's case, weeks of self-inflicted agitated stress. For Wiabj, there's nothing to play for; and no motivation to rush. That's the big downside of 21/21 tourneys. If you're not prepared for the long waits, don't enter the tourneys.

There is of course a solution - it's a win-win. Quite simply, on his next move, Roughneck should offer a draw That way, both players get to win back their lives.
  13. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 17:50
    I don't think it's clear if the complaint is about the game or some conduct/comments outside the game atticus2. If it's about the game, then I agree with you.
  14. washington
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 20:11
    Is talking rudely about someone else not as bad as someone leaving you rude messges?
  15. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 21:20
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    I don't think it's clear if the complaint is about the game or some conduct/comments outside the game atticus2. If it's about the game, then I agree with you.
    Ah, right. I see your point. Well, if offensive comments 'outside the game', RHP provides remedies via the Admin. No reason to come blubbing all over the main forum

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree