1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 11:34
    I know that the boys champion becomes a GM automatically if they win the title (assuming they aren't already one), but I wonder if anyone knows whether the girls champ also gains this title? Perhaps they become a WGM instead??
  2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 12:17
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Junior_Chess_Championship#World_Girls_U-20_Championship

Ah, she becomes a WGM. Interestingly, the second and third placed finishers get IM and WIM titles depending on sex. I didn't know that..
  3. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 14:55
    Hou Yifan is the highest rated female, at 2680..ahead of Nigel Short and Gata Kamsky. That's number 66 in the world..Yifan disdains women only tournaments, and rightly so. The Womens titles should be abolished...
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 16:41
    Originally posted by @ogb
    Hou Yifan is the highest rated female, at 2680..ahead of Nigel Short and Gata Kamsky. That's number 66 in the world..Yifan disdains women only tournaments, and rightly so. The Womens titles should be abolished...
    I don't really have an issue with womens titles tbh. It is a bit strange that we have them, especially seeing that so many woman have achieved the IM and GM titles in the mens category. I don't see the harm in them though.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Nov '17 00:17
    Women get the gm title if they win the adult women's world championship but not the junior girls world championship, but the kid looks like she will probably become a gm someday.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree