1. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    26 Apr '08 00:47
    I don't care... if your uscf rating IS 800 points above mine.
    (thanks for letting us know though, it must've taken a lot of work/effort, so compliments on that.)
    I don't care if you don't chat in blitz games. Most people don't even say gg.
    It's okay if you want to dump a queen on move 3... I don't care.
    And I don't care if you still beat me a queen down (on timeout, I move too slow) I stink anyways.

But I'm curious if a 2258 uscf player would do that and why?
    Is he/she practicing a bad position/mating combinations? Do they need to at that level?
    I've had a real games with higher-rateds on blitz (I get smeared, naturally) but usually they play sound openings and don't waste material and tempo....

Strange....
    -J
  2. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '08 01:16
    Originally posted by Jamin
    I don't care... if your uscf rating IS 800 points above mine.
    (thanks for letting us know though, it must've taken a lot of work/effort, so compliments on that.)
    I don't care if you don't chat in blitz games. Most people don't even say gg.
    It's okay if you want to dump a queen on move 3... I don't care.
    And I don't care if you still beat me a queen down ( ...[text shortened]... y they play sound openings and don't waste material and tempo....

Strange....
    -J
    Are you doing the Homer Simpson version of talking to yourself again? 😉
  3. Joined
    06 Apr '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '08 01:33
    you know I find the only decent reason to play blitz is to check and test openings I mean after you get out of the open it is not like one is going to give really good moves in seconds each turn so typically most play average or bad moves fast I find that my overall level of chess goes down if I play too much blitz. The fast quick average thinkings spills over into my regular games. I think I would almost prefer to just play ten moves and then resign and then check them to see if I opened correctly enough. I cannot think of any other reason to play it other than building some kind of big ego for the ability to just move fast and not get mated I mean a lot of people win just that way but it really is not something that impresses me or that I would want to spend time to get good at - dexterity in moving pieces or the mouse quickly - just not my thing. The adrenaline rush can get a little too addictive too. How many nights have I stayed up late playing bad quick chess just for that? Dangerous. No more.
  4. USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '08 04:24
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Are you doing the Homer Simpson version of talking to yourself again? 😉
    If you've ever played the Simpsons Hit and Run video game, one of my favorite quotes is when Homer says : "Well I better go before the cops come and find me talking to myself..."
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '08 03:52
    Originally posted by onehandgann
    I mean after you get out of the open it is not like one is going to give really good moves in seconds each turn so typically most play average or bad moves fast
    You really need to speak for yourself here. You'd be surprised at how many people could give you 3 hours for your moves, and take 5 minutes for all of their moves, and beat you quite easily. Blitz chess is just as skill intensive as is slow chess.
  6. Joined
    04 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '08 04:20
    I think I know what the OP means.

I played a pair of games against a fellow on RHP blitz who sac'd his queen each time on the 3 or 4th move.. then proceeded to play brilliantly from then and win.

We were playing 4 minute games and I asked him, after I lost twice, if we could play anything faster, like 2 minutes. He claimed his mouse didn't operate well and that 4 minutes was the minimum he'd play. I asked him if he was using an engine after the 4th move and he said no, he was a USCF master and just giving me a chance to play an "even" game by sac'ing his queen.

I'll mention his nic name if anyone else has played this suspicious character...
  7. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    28 Apr '08 04:53
    Originally posted by e4e5nf3

I played a pair of games against a fellow on RHP blitz who sac'd his queen each time on the 3 or 4th move.. then proceeded to play brilliantly from then and win.

We were playing 4 minute games and I asked him, after I lost twice, if we could play anything faster, like 2 minutes. He claimed his mouse didn't operate wel ...[text shortened]... ueen.

I'll mention his nic name if anyone else has played this suspicious character...
    I lost my queen once in a blitz game and was able to play "brilliantly" to draw the game.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '08 05:28

We were playing 4 minute games and I asked him, after I lost twice, if we could play anything faster, like 2 minutes. He claimed his mouse didn't operate wel ...[text shortened]... ueen.

Whenever I challenge someone I suspect of being a program user to bullet games on a secure server such as playchess.com, they get as nervous as cockroaches when a flashlight is shone on them on them.
  9. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    28 Apr '08 11:45

Well that explains it, then perhaps he's just trying to give an even game!
    That makes sense, given the huge difference in ability.
    And yes, I talk to myself. 😉
    -J
  10. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    28 Apr '08 13:14
    Originally posted by Superman
    I lost my queen once in a blitz game and was able to play "brilliantly" to draw the game.
    happens in CC as well... 😳

Game 3962792

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree