1. Standard memberDfthd
    Unicorn Equestrain
    New York
    Moves
    06 Jul '11 19:18
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Please don't do that as the Knights Sump only holds 20 spare Knights.
    17 are already out and if you take the remaining three then some other players
    will not be able to promote to Knights and have to wait till your game ends.

There are plenty of Bishops in the Bishops Sump, take those.

Current Sump Standing.

Spare Queens being used = 56 left = ...[text shortened]... 3

I don't know why they only put 20 Knights in the sump but it's
    too late to add anymore.
    Are they broken down in to light-squared,dark-squared, and pedophile bishops?
  2. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    07 Jul '11 23:08
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Playing won games should be fun. 😕
    Not really.
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    07 Jul '11 23:09
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Please don't do that as the Knights Sump only holds 20 spare Knights.
    17 are already out and if you take the remaining three then some other players
    will not be able to promote to Knights and have to wait till your game ends.

There are plenty of Bishops in the Bishops Sump, take those.

Current Sump Standing.

Spare Queens being used = 56 left = ...[text shortened]... 3

I don't know why they only put 20 Knights in the sump but it's
    too late to add anymore.
    That is hilarious.
  4. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    07 Jul '11 23:391 edit
    At what level play does it become highly unlikely that a lost position gets the lucky stalemate. In this 53-move game win for black below, white may have been hoping for a stalemate (or time out). I think the game actually looked lost for white with white's blundered loss of a single pawn (a-pawn) on move 32.

I don't see how either experienced player gains any decent experience from a player moving a solo K across the board watching the other player queen a pawn and in advance of being checkmated. Seems like time would be better spent on a new game, or studying chess, or spending time with my kids.

White RHP rating about 1200
    Black RHP rating about 1750

5. Joined
    04 Sep '10
    Moves
    07 Jul '11 23:45
    as mentioned in the first post, the 'dragging out' was done via the legal rules. however, it seems to be against most peoples fairplay etiquette (dont like it either). but consider the following: as it is part of the rules (the timebank, the agreed upon days per move, etc.) it is a a valid part of the game to try to make your opponent loose his neutrality...

there are countless examples in chess legend, where players have tried to mess with the mind of the other - just to provoke mistakes or loss by 'cheating'.

now, in the end, this means the following: if you encounter such a 'drag queen' (highly related chess term...) you should train your mind. stay calm. play not infuriated. dont make blunders now. if he likes to play 'dirty', dont go down the same lane.

as a non-sub scum like me, having to carefully plan with 6 slots of games, this is more hard at some points. for subscribers, the 'drag-queens' are real fun (like trying to empty the knight pool by getting 10 knights on the board...)
  6. Joined
    04 Sep '10
    Moves
    07 Jul '11 23:46
    by the way, nice games posted here!
  7. Joined
    04 May '11
    Moves
    08 Jul '11 19:02
    Some times dragging out a loss can be beneficial. I have examples going both ways. On one game I was down a rook(I think) and managed a perpetual. On another, I made a mistake of saying "a mate in three or four" and the opponent made a move I hadn't noticed, so it was either a mate in two or loss. Since losing meant mate in four, I obviously had to lose to prove myself right.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree