1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '12 16:482 edits
    My opponent and I just finished this game and agreed to post it for comment. It's a claimed draw by repetition. Neither of us saw a win, and deviating from our repeated moves looked dangerous, or at best, still drawish. Was there a win, there at the end, for either of us?

This is my first game post. If this doesn't post, it's game id 7735454.

2. out on bail
    Moves
    16 Mar '12 23:23
    Originally posted by JS357
    My opponent and I just finished this game and agreed to post it for comment. It's a claimed draw by repetition. Neither of us saw a win, and deviating from our repeated moves looked dangerous, or at best, still drawish. Was there a win, there at the end, for either of us?

[pgn][Eve ...[text shortened]... Rf7e7 44. Ke4f3 Re7f7 45. Kf3e4 Rf7e7 46. Ke4f3 Re7f7 1/2-1/2[/pgn]
    28. Qe3 was a mistake, as it forced white to lose the exchange and relieve some pressure on black . Far stronger is Qg5. White's knights look dangerous so, without further analysis, blacks position looks worse. Further thoughts tomorrow, when the guinness effect has dissipated!

Mike
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 17:07
    Originally posted by michael liddle
    28. Qe3 was a mistake, as it forced white to lose the exchange and relieve some pressure on black . Far stronger is Qg5. White's knights look dangerous so, without further analysis, blacks position looks worse. Further thoughts tomorrow, when the guinness effect has dissipated!

Mike
    Thanks, I was wondering if someone let an engine work on the position where the draw was called -- what would it say to do. Also, do engines ever recommend claiming a draw by repetition or do they just show the best-scored moves, and let you decide?
  4. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 12:191 edit
    Originally posted by JS357

[pgn][Eve Rf7e7 44. Ke4f3 Re7f7 45. Kf3e4 Rf7e7 46. Ke4f3 Re7f7 1/2-1/2[/pgn]
    I wonder if your opponent White could have won with 42.Kd2.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree