Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 14 Jul '13 12:24 / 1 edit
    if there is not already i think there should be don't you! For things like nootropic or amphetamines maybe?

    nootropic
    it can improve your memory, intelligence, motivation, attention, concentration ,*I've seen a lot of positive feedback on nootropics.

    amphetamines
    attention, concentration. All in which would improve your chess performance maybe that's why there is lots of good young kid chess players they are all on adhd medication.
  2. Donation ketchuplover
    G.O.A.T.
    14 Jul '13 13:33
    I support chess in drug testing.
  3. Standard member ptobler
    Patzer
    14 Jul '13 13:48
    There is already drug testing at the Chess Olympiad (just ask Shaun Press...)
  4. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    14 Jul '13 18:01
    If any drug is proven to help one's thinking, we should all have mandatory pump installations.
  5. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    14 Jul '13 22:34
    Originally posted by tim88
    if there is not already i think there should be don't you! For things like nootropic or amphetamines maybe?

    nootropic
    it can improve your memory, intelligence, motivation, attention, concentration ,*I've seen a lot of positive feedback on nootropics.

    amphetamines
    attention, concentration. All in which would improve your chess performance maybe that's why there is lots of good young kid chess players they are all on adhd medication.
    The site's resident stoner is for drug testing? 😕
  6. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    15 Jul '13 17:23
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The site's resident stoner is for drug testing? 😕
    Just send me your cannabis samples and I'll let you know if they're any good. Free service!!
  7. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    17 Jul '13 19:09 / 1 edit
    Drug use should be mandatory in chess. Yes, I believe drug use, chain smoking and alcohol should all be part and parcel of the game.
  8. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    17 Jul '13 19:48
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    "Drug use should be mandatory in chess. Yes, I believe drug use, chain smoking and alcohol should all be part and parcel of the game."-Mikhail Tal
    Fixed 😛
  9. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    17 Jul '13 20:19
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Fixed 😛
    I drink, I go with women...but [correspondence chess] is one vice I do not have.
    -Tal
  10. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    17 Jul '13 21:10
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I drink, I go with women...but [correspondence chess] is one vice I do not have.
    -Tal
    Wise words indeed. 🙂
  11. 18 Jul '13 06:22
    http://www.chess.com/blog/billwall/drug-testing-and-chess

    But there is aother way to be doped in chess.
    click here ---->
    a hyponotist persuades you that you are Tal /Alekhine, Capablanca, Kasparov.../