1. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    19 Jan '07 16:02
    In somewhat recently completed game the following position arose:

Black to move.

Upon my initial analyzing, I thought my opponents move was the losing move for the game. I finally got around to going through it in-depth. And found that his move was perhaps the best move available at least according to Junior. What it found, I had totally missed and my opponent ended up missing as well. So my question for you end-game knowledgeable people out there. What approach or line would YOU chose if you were black. I'll post the results my analyzing and the actual line the game took afterwards.
  2. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    19 Jan '07 16:18
    e4? Turn whites rook attention away from the b pawn.
  3. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    19 Jan '07 16:20
    Instinct says e4.

When I first put it into fritz it responded h6, but the further it delves the better it sees it for black.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    19 Jan '07 19:05
    e4 isn't the answer, but if you did e4, what direction do YOU think the game would take.
  5. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '07 19:30
    How about..

...... Kc4
    Rb4+ Kd3
    Rxb5 Rg8+

White's king needs to leave the h pawn, towards the f file, stand in front of it so that he'll not be able to queen, or stand behind it and not be able to queen. Either way the h pawn's going down.

Black then charges the e pawn, get's blacks rook for the pawn and black then mops up the last two pawns? and jad K+R V K.

I'm guess a lot of this, just a though!
  6. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '07 20:281 edit
    Originally posted by Irax
    How about..

...... Kc4
    Rb4+ Kd3
    Rxb5 Rg8+

White's king needs to leave the h pawn, towards the f file, stand in front of it so that he'll not be able to queen, or stand behind it and not be able to queen. Either way the h pawn's going down.

Black then charges the e pawn, get's blacks rook for the pawn and black then mops up the last two pawns? and jad K+R V K.

I'm guess a lot of this, just a though!
    Edit

i wasnt paying attention 😳

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree