18 May '06 18:58
    Originally posted by Caro Kann
    Please read this --> http://michael-boyd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12#12
    Donkey!

D
  3. Big D
    Moves
    18 May '06 19:19
    There's a reason basic endgame books drill King and Pawn endings: They're the basis for understanding chess. I do agree with mikexx2020 that the study of technical endgames can be dry, but you have to do it. Otherwise, playing chess without understanding basic endgames is like trying to paint a picture without understanding form, color or composition. You may know how to hold the brush and make a stroke on the canvas, but at the end of the day, all you've done is create ugly, meaningless art.
  4. Sandwich Land
    Moves
    18 May '06 19:26
    Originally posted by der schwarze Ritter
    There's a reason basic endgame books drill King and Pawn endings: They're the basis for understanding chess. I do agree with mikexx2020 that the study of technical endgames can be dry, but you have to do it. Otherwise, playing chess without understanding basic endgames is like trying to paint a picture without understanding form, color or composi ...[text shortened]... ke on the canvas, but at the end of the day, all you've done is create ugly, meaningless art.
    well van goghs sold for £90 million and his was a crap painting anyway
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 May '06 19:49
    I say it's time for a good old-fashion book buring!

😠

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree