1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 05:48
    Game 4413369

After some not so stellar middlegame play I ended up in this endgame. Playing through I found the entire thing very challenging and educational, lots of good endgame techniques can probably be seen from this one game. I'm hoping that you guys feel like looking through and analyzing the last 15 to 20 moves of this game, I'm sure there are better options for both sides, especially because we played through the entire endgame tonight. Anyhow, I'd offer my own analysis now, but I'm so burnt out from playing it that I need a break. 🙂
  2. Joined
    25 Mar '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 05:57
    Oh sure post our game publicly so everyone can laugh and ridicule me!

(runs off crying)

lol seriously though it was fun 🙂
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 05:59
    Originally posted by stockton1984
    Oh sure post our game publicly so everyone can laugh and ridicule me!

(runs off crying)

lol seriously though it was fun 🙂
    Hahaha, I always wonder if I'm offending anybody when I post a game with them in the forum without asking. It was a very entertaining game though. 🙂
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 19:24
    Not to be blatantly rude...

oh okay yah that was the goal...

but why is your rating so low???
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 19:25
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    Not to be blatantly rude...

oh okay yah that was the goal...

but why is your rating so low???
    Guess I just started losing a lot of games.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 19:26
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Guess I just started losing a lot of games.
    well win some already.. i want a game against you and I don't wanna have to lose all 32 of my points 😉
  7. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 19:27
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    well win some already.. i want a game against you and I don't wanna have to lose all 32 of my points 😉
    Ha, well I've started finishing my games again...I haven't timed out in a while. Look, I even have a little winning streak.
  8. Joined
    25 Mar '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 21:31
    I was going to say, you did seem to play beyond your rating.....

And don't worry Ih8sens, I'll provide a FORMIDABLE challenge for you just as soon as i jump up a few hundred rating points.....and talk Josh Waitzkin out of focusing on tai chi and into personally tutoring me 😀
  9. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    26 Dec '07 11:01
    Game 4413369

After some not so stellar middlegame play I ended up in this endgame. Playing through I found the entire thing very challenging and educational, lots of good endgame techniques can probably be seen from this one game. I'm hoping that you guys feel like looking through and analyzing the last 15 to 20 moves of this game, I'm sure ther ...[text shortened]... I'd offer my own analysis now, but I'm so burnt out from playing it that I need a break. 🙂
    At 1st glance I would think 42. ... Kf8 would hold things for black but it would be difficult to find a win.
  10. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    26 Dec '07 22:582 edits
    Game 4413369

After some not so stellar middlegame play I ended up in this endgame. Playing through I found the entire thing very challenging and educational, lots of good endgame techniques can probably be seen from this one game. I'm hoping that you guys feel like looking through and analyzing the last 15 to 20 moves of this game, I'm sure ther ...[text shortened]... I'd offer my own analysis now, but I'm so burnt out from playing it that I need a break. 🙂
    Just looking at the portion of the game occurring after White was up the exchange plus a pawn (48.Rxh8), I'd say the key for Black is the need to *blockade passed pawns*. 48...Bf3 with ...Bg4 to follow would force White to exchange his rook for the bishop, if White chose to try to queen a pawn.

On the other hand, mate with rook and king is entirely possible. White can station his rook on the 6th rank, trapping Black's king, and then bring his own king up to weave a mating net.

Going back a little further, I think that 43...Bg4 would again have been better for Black. The Black rook is well placed on the second rank trapping the White king, and is able to get behind the passed pawn (via ...Rh2) because *rooks belong behind passed pawns*. Note that the Black bishop can also guard the Black rook if the rook moves to h3, from which square it can menace both the passed pawn and the g3 pawn. At that point, the White king is going nowhere, the White pawns are going nowhere, and the White rook cannot defend the passed pawn.
  11. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 11:14
    The decisive mistake was 44. ..Bd5? Black still holds a draw after 44. ..Bg8 45. h7 Bxh7 46. Rxh7 Kf8!

Provided he knows how to set up a philidor position.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree