1. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 04:23
    Originally posted by RahimK
    You missed a great name, Botvinnik. Rememeber you history, son.

Original poster: Check the Pete Tam. Lectures

http://www.chessclub.com/chessfm/
    Thanks for kind explanation. I know that you dont feel surprised, that I did not hear about Botvinnik at all 😀 😀 😀

Btw. I`m still awaiting for your response in Thread 66139. Or I will remind you about this thread each time when you will make a fuss. 😉
  2. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 04:27
    Originally posted by Korch
    [b]I know that you dont feel surprised, that I did not hear about Botvinnik at all 😀 😀 😀
    First question.

What do you mean by that?

I'm confused with the way you wrote it.

I'll get to your second question soon enough.
  3. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 04:27
    Thou shalt not shilly-shally!

--- Nimzowitsch

How about providing some helpful advice instead of putting ppl down. So he is wrong, show him why instead of blah blah blah.

Here you are:

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/explorer?pid=15940&side=white
    You can list all famous players which have been played English, but I prefer to list players which games seems to me more instructive for playing this opening.

Advice to check databases for games of current player is not "puting ppl down".
  4. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 04:30
    First question.

What do you mean by that?

I'm confused with the way you wrote it.

I'll get to your second question soon enough.
    Dont worry - I`m just laughing about you 😀

And I` will remind you about Thread 66139 until your answer - You did "forgot" about this thread once 😉
  5. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 04:34
    wow, who knew the master rated lawyer would win the verbal joust 😉
  6. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 04:37
    Dont worry - I`m just laughing about you 😀

And I` will remind you about Thread 66139 until your answer - You did "forgot" about this thread once 😉
    You didn't list Botv. because you didn't think his English games very instructive? That's riduculous!

As for the thread, I haven't read it but I see you spent some time writing several big paragraphs. It's a crappy variation and White should just take the pawn 1.e4 d5 2.exd5 and have a great game.

See I'm working on this hit and run technique. Bowmann and Jusuh are great at it and I'm improving slowly. If you read their posts, you will see what I mean. Till next time, Friend 😏
  7. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 04:471 edit
    You didn't list Botv. because you didn't think his English games very instructive? That's riduculous!

As for the thread, I haven't read it but I see you spent some time writing several big paragraphs. It's a crappy variation and White should just take the pawn 1.e4 d5 2.exd5 and have a great game.

See I'm working on this hit and run technique. Bowmann ng slowly. If you read their posts, you will see what I mean. Till next time, Friend 😏
    I did not say that games of Botvinnik is not instructive at all - but in my opinion English games of Korchnoi are more instructive.

I`m glad to see you finally discovering that Blackmar-Diemer is not good for white 😉
  8. washington
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 05:00
    kind of funny how in tony kostons book he only uses a couple games from botvinnik but korchnois games are more prominent.
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 05:271 edit
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/explorer?pid=15940&side=white
    I was previously familiar with the chessgames site, but I didn't realize that it could be used in this manner. I found some curious statistics. For example, it didn't matter much what first move Kasparov (as White) played, his winning percentages were pretty consistent. Whereas Karpov has a clearly better winning percentage with 1.c4 than with either 1.e4 or 1.d4. I'm not sure how educational these statistics are, but I found them interesting, nonetheless.
  10. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 03:33
    Originally posted by AlboMalapropFoozer
    I was previously familiar with the [b]chessgames site, but I didn't realize that it could be used in this manner. I found some curious statistics. For example, it didn't matter much what first move Kasparov (as White) played, his winning percentages were pretty consistent. Whereas Karpov has a clearly better winning percentage with 1.c4 than w ...[text shortened]... I'm not sure how educational these statistics are, but I found them interesting, nonetheless.[/b]
    That feature was not available several years ago.
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 18:14
    I would advice you to check databases, before making such kind of claims.
    Yes, I should have checked the database before making my, it turns out, clearly false claim. I must have confused the English for another opening.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree