Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 01 Feb '10 19:56
    Lets get straight to the point. I think exchange chess should be introuduced to rhp.
  2. 01 Feb '10 20:00
    Originally posted by Chandradi
    Lets get straight to the point. I think exchange chess should be introuduced to rhp.
    Do you mean losing chess?
  3. 01 Feb '10 20:11
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    Do you mean losing chess?
    Exchange chess is a 4 player game. If you oponent loses a peice, you give it to your partner who thus can put it any were on the board, includidnd check-mate!
  4. 01 Feb '10 20:18
    It's called Bughouse in the US.
  5. 01 Feb '10 20:23
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Played it last week-end
  6. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    01 Feb '10 20:28
    Exchange chess is a 4 player game. If you oponent loses a peice, you give it to your partner who thus can put it any were on the board, includidnd check-mate!
    This is better suited for real-time sites. Time is a very important part of the game. One of the main strategies is to 'stall' when ahead on time and force the opponent to move [when they don't have a piece, or the right piece, to drop].

On turn-based sites like RHP, the time element would be ruined [time zones come into play, etc.]
  7. 01 Feb '10 20:31
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    This is better suited for real-time sites. Time is a very important part of the game. One of the main strategies is to 'stall' when ahead on time and force the opponent to move [when they don't have a piece, or the right piece, to drop].

On turn-based sites like RHP, the time element would be ruined [time zones come into play, etc.]
    True, but Im sure they can find a way a round that............... I mean, it could be like the online rhp blitz
  8. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    01 Feb '10 20:46
    I mean, it could be like the online rhp blitz
  9. 01 Feb '10 20:53
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Imagine 2 boards vs 2 boards. I think its perfect!
  10. 01 Feb '10 20:54
    The time element might be compensated by transferring the moves at a set time; you must move somewhere in the meantime, but the moves will only be submitted at the predetermined moments (i.e. at 10 PM each day)

This would lead to most wonderful deep thought-out bughouse
  11. 01 Feb '10 20:55
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    The time element might be compensated by transferring the moves at a set time; you must move somewhere in the meantime, but the moves will only be submitted at the predetermined moments (i.e. at 10 PM each day)

This would lead to most wonderful deep thought-out bughouse
    I think the idea is bulit for people who are talented at the game but just dont have the time to practise
  12. 01 Feb '10 21:35
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Thanks mate. I have heard of Bughouse before. I thought he meant another variant.
  13. 01 Feb '10 23:47
    Take it to the site ideas forum, spankman
  14. 02 Feb '10 19:03
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Take it to the site ideas forum, spankman
    Ok
  15. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    02 Feb '10 20:22
    Imagine 2 boards vs 2 boards. I think its perfect!
    I like bughouse/exchange chess a lot; I just don't think it's well-suited to RHP. The RHP blitz interface is too sluggish [since it's entirely web-based, this is understandable] for a game like bug. Better to play it on ICC or even FICS [if you can stand the trash-talking!]