1. e4
    Moves
    26 Feb '09 14:33
    Originally posted by c guy1
    look at me!! look at me!!! I'm an attention starved idiot!!
    You can take off your Christmas hat now.

Openings:

As White I get the pieces developed and attack.

As Black I get the pieces developed and attack.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    26 Feb '09 14:421 edit
    Originally posted by cheater1
    DOPEYNESS seems to abound here. Does anyone post LEGITIMATE posts? Does anyone have anything to say that is worthwhile?

I am here to correct that. TRUTH and LOGIC will soon follow.
    Is that you, Jie/Z00t?
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    26 Feb '09 14:554 edits
    As white, I play 1. e4 and then:

- Tarrach variation against the French (3. Nd2),
    - Open Sicillian against c5 (Yugoslav against the Dragon and as Yugoslav-like against other Sicillian variants as I can)
    - Italian or Spanish against e5. I'm more comfortable in the Italian, but I'm beginning to see that 3. Bb5 is slightly better
    - against other defenses, I basically just put the pawns on e4 and d4, the knights on f3 and c3 and then decide what to do with the bishops based on where the other guy's pieces are

As black, I play the open Sicillian/Dragon against e4 and against closed Sicillian openings I still fianchetto the dark bishop and play d6, even if that's not officially called the Dragon.

Against c4 or d4 I usually play the KID, though I'm toying with switching to the Dutch Leningrad (in honor of Henrik Danielson a/k/a Krakkaskak a/k/a the Polar Bear) and because in the KID you're gonna try to put the pawn on f5 eventually anyway, so why not do it while the knight is still minding its own business on g8? I also tried the Benko recently once after I watched a Josh Waitzkin video about a Benko game, with some success (Game 5953349). But, I don't really feel comfortable enough to try it against strong players yet.
  4. Joined
    16 Nov '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '09 15:55
    I play c4/e4 as white and don't mind any reply.

As black, I play bronstein larsen caro, although nobody seems to go for mainline caro anymore 🙁 and chebanenko slav.

I also like the 3...c5 against the advance caro, never played more interesting games 😀
  5. Joined
    18 Apr '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '09 20:00
    scotch game as white
    Nc6 against 1.e4 and 1.d4
  6. Standard membermbakunin
    Radio Gnome
    Planet Gong
    Moves
    26 Feb '09 21:39
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    When playing as white I´m always pleased to see my opponent play Damiano´s defence.
    i've never understood what compels a person to play f6. i don't mind it when they do though. but once i played two games against the same person in a matter of weeks, and they played f6 both times. and were brutalised both times. i don't get it.
  7. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    26 Feb '09 21:55
    Originally posted by cheater1
    DOPEYNESS seems to abound here. Does anyone post LEGITIMATE posts? Does anyone have anything to say that is worthwhile?

I am here to correct that. TRUTH and LOGIC will soon follow.
    How absorbing...hanging on every word.
  8. The Hague
    Moves
    27 Feb '09 00:08
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    When playing as white I´m always pleased to see my opponent play Damiano´s defence.
    lol 🙂 Well, 3. ... Qe7 is not a complete disaster, but somehow the opponents that played it against me always played fxe5... only to be mated a couple moves later. One opponent actually managed 2 times to be mated in the exact same way on move 7.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree