Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 22 Jun '09 16:53
    hi guys, any tips on how to make someone move when they are being an arse. he's dead in the water and plays twice aday on his other games, moving once in ours every few days.
  2. Standard member Blackamp
    Death
    22 Jun '09 16:59
    Originally posted by tangerinefish
    hi guys, any tips on how to make someone move when they are being an arse. he's dead in the water and plays twice aday on his other games, moving once in ours every few days.
    have run into that a few times myself. unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much (anything) you can do.

expect to get the usual suspects on here protesting that he's within his rights.
  3. Standard member peacedog
    Highlander
    22 Jun '09 17:34
    he's within his rights
  4. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    22 Jun '09 17:39
    what's the time control?
  5. Standard member orion25
    Art is hard
    22 Jun '09 17:42
    he shure is just don't worry about it eventually the game will come to an end and you will be the winner!
  6. 22 Jun '09 17:48
    I advise to you the tried and tested '5 steps methode'.

step 1: hire a PI to track him down
    step 2: hire a (non-local) crook to slash his tyres
    step 3: send him an email to notify him the tyres are just a warning and a lot worse will happen if he doesn't start moving quickly or resigns
    step 4: if he ignores the warning you hire a few goons for assault and battery to him,his wife and his entire family tree.
    step 5: change your name and move to a distant country without leaving a trace.A precautionary measure in case he decides to do the same to you.
  7. Standard member Blackamp
    Death
    22 Jun '09 18:04
    Originally posted by Romanticus

step 3: send him an email to notify him the tyres are just a warning and a lot worse will happen if he doesn't start moving quickly or resigns
    step 4: if he ignores the warning you hire a few goons for assau ...[text shortened]... try without leaving a trace.A precautionary measure in case he decides to do the same to you.
    at last! the voice of reason!
  8. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    22 Jun '09 18:39

step 4: if he ignores the warning you hire a few goons for assau ...[text shortened]... try without leaving a trace.A precautionary measure in case he decides to do the same to you.
    I hope you have good genes, because with that attitude your 'won' games may well outlive you.
  9. 22 Jun '09 18:57
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I hope you have good genes, because with that attitude your 'won' games may well outlive you.
    I don't get it
    Don't everyone's games outlive them?
  10. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    22 Jun '09 19:07
    I don't get it
    Don't everyone's games outlive them?
    won games usually end in resignation.
  11. 22 Jun '09 19:18
    Originally posted by wormwood
    won games usually end in resignation.
    LOL
    Ok,got it
  12. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    22 Jun '09 19:31
    Play fast time controls.
  13. Standard member wargamer66
    Steve B.
    22 Jun '09 21:59
    Everyone reading this now knows you get rattled when they move slowly.
  14. 22 Jun '09 22:16
    Ask yourself how someone could make you move in a similar position and you will find the answer.
  15. 22 Jun '09 22:25 / 1 edit
    You could always give away a piece or two and let him back in the game. Let him get ahead and I'm sure he'll speed up how often he moves.

In the future only play games set at 1 day. Give a three day bank if you like. Time controls are the only way to make people move.