fed up

fed up

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 Jun 09

hi guys, any tips on how to make someone move when they are being an arse. he's dead in the water and plays twice aday on his other games, moving once in ours every few days.

B
Death

is no semi-colon

Moves
22 Jun 09

Originally posted by tangerinefish
hi guys, any tips on how to make someone move when they are being an arse. he's dead in the water and plays twice aday on his other games, moving once in ours every few days.
have run into that a few times myself. unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much (anything) you can do.

expect to get the usual suspects on here protesting that he's within his rights.

p
Highlander

SEAsia

Moves
22 Jun 09

he's within his rights 😛

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
22 Jun 09

what's the time control?

o
Art is hard

Moves
22 Jun 09

he shure is 😉 just don't worry about it eventually the game will come to an end and you will be the winner!

R

Moves
22 Jun 09

I advise to you the tried and tested '5 steps methode'.

step 1: hire a PI to track him down
step 2: hire a (non-local) crook to slash his tyres
step 3: send him an email to notify him the tyres are just a warning and a lot worse will happen if he doesn't start moving quickly or resigns
step 4: if he ignores the warning you hire a few goons for assault and battery to him,his wife and his entire family tree.
step 5: change your name and move to a distant country without leaving a trace.A precautionary measure in case he decides to do the same to you.

B
Death

is no semi-colon

Moves
22 Jun 09

Originally posted by Romanticus

step 3: send him an email to notify him the tyres are just a warning and a lot worse will happen if he doesn't start moving quickly or resigns
step 4: if he ignores the warning you hire a few goons for assau ...[text shortened]... try without leaving a trace.A precautionary measure in case he decides to do the same to you.
at last! the voice of reason!😛

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
22 Jun 09

step 4: if he ignores the warning you hire a few goons for assau ...[text shortened]... try without leaving a trace.A precautionary measure in case he decides to do the same to you.
I hope you have good genes, because with that attitude your 'won' games may well outlive you.

R

Moves
22 Jun 09

Originally posted by wormwood
I hope you have good genes, because with that attitude your 'won' games may well outlive you.
I don't get it 😕
Don't everyone's games outlive them?

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
22 Jun 09

I don't get it 😕
Don't everyone's games outlive them?
won games usually end in resignation.

R

Moves
22 Jun 09

Originally posted by wormwood
won games usually end in resignation.
LOL
Ok,got it 😀

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
22 Jun 09

Play fast time controls.

w
Steve B.

Salt Lake City

Moves
22 Jun 09

Everyone reading this now knows you get rattled when they move slowly.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
22 Jun 09

Ask yourself how someone could make you move in a similar position and you will find the answer.

E

Moves
22 Jun 09
1 edit

You could always give away a piece or two and let him back in the game. Let him get ahead and I'm sure he'll speed up how often he moves.

In the future only play games set at 1 day. Give a three day bank if you like. Time controls are the only way to make people move.