1. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    17 Mar '13 18:06
    Does anybody here in a european timezone play on FICS? If so, Would anyone like to play a tournament on long time controls over a period of weeks, a league. One game every Sunday night or something similar.
  2. SubscriberRooksandHooks
    rookorbycrook
    Solihull
    Moves
    17 Mar '13 18:43
    yh i will i gotta join fics
  3. Joined
    16 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 07:22
    I would be interested in playing some slow games on fics with anyone reliable. Don't mind if its in a league or just ad hoc. I'm gmt plus 12, give or take an hour, so Sunday evening your time doesn't really work for me coz its Monday morning here. Friday or Saturday would be better.
  4. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 07:42
    That's good, once we have 4, 6 or 8 people, we'll select a time that is good for everyone. Any evening aside from Monday is fine for me and for rookorbycrook.
  5. Joined
    27 Feb '13
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 07:43
    Originally posted by Dewi Jones
    Does anybody here in a european timezone play on FICS? If so, Would anyone like to play a tournament on long time controls over a period of weeks, a league. One game every Sunday night or something similar.
    I played on FICS and really liked the interface and strength of my opponents. The only problem was my clock wouldn't read properly after it went under (I believe) 10 minutes.. has anyone else had this problem?

If I can fix it I will 100% go back to FICS and play a ton + leagues.
  6. Standard memberkingshill
    Mr Ring Rusty
    Wales
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 08:45
    Originally posted by Fright
    I played on FICS and really liked the interface and strength of my opponents. The only problem was my clock wouldn't read properly after it went under (I believe) 10 minutes.. has anyone else had this problem?

Babbas Chess is an interface I like for chess. When I last took a chess club at school I has all of my pupils playing on there. It saved getting the sets out and putting them back, ensured that all the moves were legal and most importantly of all it allowed be to go over the games with the pupils and point out their mistakes. There is a Timeseal as part of Babbas Chess so you should not have any trouble with the clock.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 16:08
    Originally posted by Fright

I've had the happen on fics, but I thought it had to do with my connection.

I don't know, it was really frustrating. The less you care about your ratings, the less frustrating it is I suppose. Just end the game and move on.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 16:48
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I've had the happen on fics, but I thought it had to do with my connection.

I don't know, it was really frustrating. The less you care about your ratings, the less frustrating it is I suppose. Just end the game and move on.
    See, i care about my rating simply for the facts that it measures my improvement and others care and wont play lowly rated players.
  9. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 17:31
    I'll send a pm out to everyone in this thread once I have a bit more of an idea.

Babaschess seems to sort the negative time thing, at least I've never come across it.
  10. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 13:51
    Here we go, a forum to set up the matches. Please go and add your details if you'd like to join in.

http://onlinechess.freeforums.org/index.php
  11. Joined
    01 Dec '10
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 14:38
    I would be instersted to fill the role as cannon fodder. The forum did not work properly for my.
  12. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 14:44
    Excellent.

Send me a pm with your FICS , and maybe an email address, a link to your OTB rating card if you have one. And I'll add you.

What wasn't working about the forum? Are you on a PC?
  13. Joined
    01 Dec '10
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 14:56
    great!

yes, I am using a pc and i got caught in a loop of weird pop-up ads
  14. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 15:01
    Once we are up and running, I'll pay for the forum and we can remove the adverts 🙂
  15. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 13:12
    OK. I've knocked up some fixtures

http://onlinechess.freeforums.org/45-45-sunday-league-t8.html

I'll send a PM with opponents contact details to you all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree