1. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 16:53
    Following on there's an interesting video of Gelfand doing some post-game analysis of his own game.. no duck in sight.
  2. Donationrichjohnson
    TANSTAAFL
    Walking on sunshine
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 06:38
    I just had a similar mating pattern in a blitz game:
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 18:40
    Very nice finish to this tournament, have really enjoyed the games. I have to say i find the results very pleasing. Gelfand has shown once again that he really is one of the best players in the World with a tied first. Mamedyarov has played brilliantly, i've found myself questioning his rating in past years as he's always 2750ish but yet never seems to win anything. Not so here! His play has been electric!! Also, it's nice to see Topalov return to chess, and to form. I have to say, he's not been my favourite player over the last 5 or so years. The Kramnik affair, Danilov coming out with all sorts of accusations about his opponents, the Anand match saw more smack talk. But recently he seems to have mellowed. His demeanour at the blitz WC was humble, his interviews where respectful to his opponents and he was candid about his own errors in games which has left me with a new found respect for him. His play in this tournament was worth a 2800+ tournament performance and a tied first place and i'm surprised to find myself pleased for him. Well done. 🙂
  4. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 22:38
    Nakamura also played
  5. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 22:42
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    Nakamura also played
    Everyone has a bad tournament, Nakamura is not immune. In fairness, i don't think he played badly. He is starting to suffer from the same thing all top 10 players suffer from, namely, everyone studies your games. 😉
  6. Joined
    16 Nov '07
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 00:56
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Everyone has a bad tournament, Nakamura is not immune. In fairness, i don't think he played badly. He is starting to suffer from the same thing all top 10 players suffer from, namely, everyone studies your games. 😉
    I saw that Naka said he's his own worst enemy during this one. Haven't looked at his games, but maybe he was pushing too hard...?

He sure blew some of my http://www.chessgames.com/perl/bookie bets <sigh>
  7. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 20:24
    Originally posted by Grobzilla
    I saw that Naka said he's his own worst enemy during this one. Haven't looked at his games, but maybe he was pushing too hard...?

He sure blew some of my http://www.chessgames.com/perl/bookie bets <sigh>
    This was a strong tournament, anyone slightly off their game going to have problems. He'll be back, i have no doubt about that..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree