Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 22 Oct '07 04:35 / 1 edit
    My personal best with the sicillian opening feel free to comment

    Game 4168577


    I almost didn't get to play it because I played 10...O-O instead of ...d5! but my opponent should have played 11.f4 to prevent it but instead played h3
  2. 22 Oct '07 05:10
    Its much easier to play d5 when Bc4 is played. but good game.
  3. 22 Oct '07 05:12
    Originally posted by kmac27
    [b]Its much easier to play d5 when Bc4 is played. but good game.[/b]
    explain please.
  4. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    West Coast Represent
    22 Oct '07 06:22
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    explain please.
    I imagine because then you can play ...d5 with tempo.
  5. 22 Oct '07 06:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    explain please.
    e6 is the best response to Bc4. Black might even be slightly preferable after a few more moves. e6 facilitates d5 and threatens to shut out the bishop while also kicking it around with a tempo.
  6. 22 Oct '07 06:36
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    e6 is the best response to Bc4. Black might even be slightly preferable after a few more moves. e6 facilitates d5 and threatens to shut out the bishop while also kicking it around with a tempo.
    e6 is what I played but the game transposed into the sheveningen or sheveshnikov I know the line but get the names mixed up.
  7. 22 Oct '07 06:36
    Switch to the Scandinavian and you'll get to play d5 on the first move every time.
  8. 22 Oct '07 06:36
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I imagine because then you can play ...d5 with tempo.
    but you have to be able to play it first
  9. 22 Oct '07 06:39
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    e6 is the best response to Bc4. Black might even be slightly preferable after a few more moves. e6 facilitates d5 and threatens to shut out the bishop while also kicking it around with a tempo.
    Originally posted by kmac27
    Its much easier to play d5 when Bc4 is played. but good game.

    i did play e6 and the game transposed in to either the sheveshnikov or the sheveningen I can't remember which is which.
  10. 22 Oct '07 13:57
    I would have played d5 on move 6. Although it gets a bit messy then.
  11. 22 Oct '07 22:31
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    I would have played d5 on move 6. Although it gets a bit messy then.
    I meant that I got to play d5 in a main line formation of the sicillian. I thought about playing d5 on move 6 but had lost two games in a row to BaNaNaBoY so I didn't want to get into those complications!
  12. 29 Oct '07 04:19
    there it is DrewL bask in my glory