1. Standard memberTimInIraq
    THAT GUY
    San Marcos, TX
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 21:29
    a win. now please feel free to tell me everything i did wrong that my opponent could have easily gained the advantage and beat me. 🙂

Game 5599192
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 21:38
    I just went through the game and the one thing that jumped out to me was 23 a6. I would think that axb6 would have been better. It would have opened up the a file and if black replies with cxb6 the Qxb6+ would put black in a very bad position.
  3. Standard memberTimInIraq
    THAT GUY
    San Marcos, TX
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 21:53
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I just went through the game and the one thing that jumped out to me was 23 a6. I would think that axb6 would have been better. It would have opened up the a file and if black replies with cxb6 the Qxb6+ would put black in a very bad position.
    lol see that was simple and it never crossed my mind. i was dumb and too set on getting that pawn across the board i completely overlooked.
  4. Standard memberYuga
    Renaissance
    OnceInALifetime
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 22:152 edits
    Originally posted by TimInIraq
    a win. now please feel free to tell me everything i did wrong that my opponent could have easily gained the advantage and beat me. 🙂

Game 5599192
    12. Nxe4; recapture then Nd2 and f3 I think may win a piece !?

15. d4 is weak closing the diagonal and possibility of Nd4

22. Qb2 maybe better, maybe not, then Qe2 is possible defending the knight

23. axb6 I think is indeed strongest, Kh1 would have been stronger than the game move.

Some very nice ideas - congrats on your win.

And thank you for your military service for the USA.
  5. Standard memberTimInIraq
    THAT GUY
    San Marcos, TX
    Moves
    31 Oct '08 04:01
    Originally posted by Yuga
    12. Nxe4; recapture then Nd2 and f3 I think may win a piece !?

15. d4 is weak closing the diagonal and possibility of Nd4

22. Qb2 maybe better, maybe not, then Qe2 is possible defending the knight

23. axb6 I think is indeed strongest, Kh1 would have been stronger than the game move.

Some very nice ideas - congrats on your win.

And thank you for your military service for the USA.
    lol the only 1 of those i saw was 15, the weakening of the bishop. of course, it was only after i made the move that i actually saw it. thanks though, i can tell i need to broaden my mind quite a bit when i play and not get tunnel vision and it's a pleasure to serve.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree