1. Joined
    28 Aug '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 09:04
    Hey,
    I haven't been playing chess seriously for long and I was just wondering about any comments or criticisms about my first game on here and where I could improve. We both had 1200 exp and I won.

2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 09:072 edits
    Originally posted by Glorioso
    Hey,
    I haven't been playing chess seriously for long and I was just wondering about any comments or criticisms about my first game on here and where I could improve. We both had 1200 exp and I won.

[pgn][Event "Challenge"][Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"][Date "2008.08.28"][EndDate "2008.08.29"][Round "?"][White "Glorioso"][Black "marinjo"][WhiteRating 6xe4 11. Qa6xc6 Ke8f8 12. Qc6xe4 f5 13. Qe4d5 e4 14. Qd5f7 1-0 [/pgn]
    4.Bc4 and 5.Be2 and 8.Nxc5! the rest was best by you i believe.. youre opponent is the one who needs to improve.
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 09:10
    Yeah I agree I wasn't happy with that move.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 09:141 edit
    Originally posted by Glorioso
    Yeah I agree I wasn't happy with that move.
    I think its hard to give criticism on this game... bring the first game you lose to the chess forum.
  5. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 09:482 edits
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    4.Bc4 and 5.Be2 and 8.Nxc5! the rest was best by you i believe.. youre opponent is the one who needs to improve.
    There is nothing wrong with your suggestions but the moves played by white were not bad so its a moot point.

Blacks moves were however atrocious and he simply dropped one piece after another. In those circumstances a win is a formality and white learns nothing from this.

I would suggest getting rid of that p rating asap and then playing some stronger players. Once you start to be stretched you will learn and comments on your losses will be more meaningful. I can't help but feel you have posted this game more to say "look how good I am" than "what can I learn from this" - You know that from such a simple win you can learn nothing!
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 09:53
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    There is nothing wrong with your suggestions but the moves played by white were not bad so its a moot point.

Blacks moves were however atrocious and he simply dropped one piece after another. In those circumstances a win is a formality and white learns nothing from this.

I would suggest getting rid of that p rating asap and then playing some strong ...[text shortened]... "what can I learn from this" - You know that from such a simple win you can learn nothing!
    You hit the nail on the head I think DF... There can really be nothing to learn from this game except what not to do.
  7. Standard memberYuga
    Renaissance
    OnceInALifetime
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 21:51
    4 Bb5 not ideal since c6 improves black's center
    8 Nxc5 best, dc and now Bxf7+ and if KxB Nxe5+ wins back the piece

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree