1. Joined
    12 Mar '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 09:39
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess960

Chess960, or Fischer Random Chess (also written Fischerrandom and Fischerandom), is a chess variant produced by the late former World Champion Bobby Fischer by modifying the rules of Shuffle Chess so that castling possibilities exist for all starting positions. It was originally announced on June 19, 1996, in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Fischer's goal was to create a chess variant in which chess creativity and talent would be more important than memorization and analysis of opening moves. His approach was to create a randomized initial chess position, which would thus make memorizing chess opening move sequences useless. The initial position is set up in a special way and there are 960 such positions, thus the name 'Chess960'

What's your opinion about it?
  2. Joined
    08 Aug '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 10:17
    very interesting, I'm going to try this when I go play at our club later this week =P

Should make for a fun match
  3. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 16:061 edit
    It is easy to be in trouble in the opening in Fischer Random Chess. It is like starting in the middle game. It is possible to block your men in and give yourself development and timing problems when you play a cramped opening or poor move. It seems to me that tactical players should play a stronger game than a positional player could.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree