1. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 23:21
    Originally posted by trev33
    yes, copies for fisher postcards are quite common i here, i wouldn't even buy one if i happened to come across it. even if it is genuine how would you know for sure? not worth the risk if you ask me... i certainly would be happy to get anything back from it if i had purchase said item. a little profit is better than nothing as they say... how much did you buy for yours? i hope it wasn't a lot.
    You guys are bumming me out. I should have listened to my wife. I bought two of those postcards.
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 03:56
    Originally posted by AnT1862
    Hi, I'm a chess player, and I own a very rare post card with an envelope signed by Fischer & I think Spassky. Each one signed both the postcard & envelope. There from the 92 re-match. The postcard has a large cartoon image on it of Fischers face with some other ink stamps of country of orgin. His & Spassky's signiture are in black ink. The envelope has a lar ...[text shortened]... nly a few of these cards in the world. Does anyone know the value of this card by any chance?
    Last month a signed postcard from Fischer-Spassky 1972 was sold on ebay for around $400. It was authenticated.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 07:24
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Last month a signed postcard from Fischer-Spassky 1972 was sold on ebay for around $400. It was authenticated.
    Was it a good authencity? Or was it falsified? Did the authencity has its own authencity?

(...and was the authencity authencity authentified?)
  4. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 08:311 edit
    Hi, I'm a chess player, and I own a very rare post card with an envelope signed by Fischer & I think Spassky. Each one signed both the postcard & envelope. There from the 92 re-match. The postcard has a large cartoon image on it of Fischers face with some other ink stamps of country of orgin. His & Spassky's signiture are in black ink. The envelope has a lar nly a few of these cards in the world. Does anyone know the value of this card by any chance?
    Was it on a cream/off white card with the same colour envelope? It sounds really familiar I think my brother brought somehitng like that back from NY about 10 years ago when he was working there. About A5 size? That's quiet a coincidence if it's the same card becasue he bought a one off. 😕
  5. Joined
    21 Oct '09
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 12:21
    Again, I have matched the signiture with real ones and fake ones using the internet, it seems legit. My card is about 4x4 in size, it has a red & black ink stamp on it stateing "saveti-staphen"..I'm at work right now, its not in front of me, so dont know the spelling. Also..the source is from a close circle of the old-timer chess players from Fischer's era, one that I had known for about 5 yrs and one that played with Fischer alot and was among the top NYC players. The man who sold it to me was many things, but a liar he wasnt. I also would say that Fischer was happy as a kid on Christmas after he won that re-match, I'm sure he would have signed that card. If theres no place on this site to post a picture, and someone wants to compare there's with mine, e-mail me & we can exchange personal e-mails so that way we can then exchange photos of the card.
  6. e4
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 13:31
    Hi Ant.

I smell a wind up here, Notice that most of the posters have
    come from the same club (TSM) so obviously a gag is on the run.

Who could have come up with such an idea? ( 😳 )

I did find this, which is genuine.

http://worldchesschampionship.blogspot.com/2009_07_01_archive.html

Fischer's sig plus all the participants of the 1970 Palma de Mallorca
    Interzonal Tournament. It went for $462.88.

and here:

http://sports.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=47094&Lot_No=64176&src=pr

They reckon Fischer's auotgraph is quite rare but you have to
    join to find out what it went for.
  7. Joined
    21 Oct '09
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 13:42
    Thanks for the lead. Thats exactly like what my signiture I have looks like, and theres actually two, one on the envelope & one on the postcard....I would imagine that within the next few years more information regardign these postcards will surface, as in people who were actually there and witnessed him & Spassky sign them....in fact, I wonder if I can contact Spassky himself and ask him..now theres an idea.
  8. Joined
    21 Oct '09
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 14:21
    Good news everyone, I just got Spassky's postal address, somewhere in France. I'm going to take photos of the card and mail him the pics along with a letter asking him if its legit. Hopefully I'll hear back from him within a few weeks, will let you all know.
  9. e4
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 15:30
    The address I have for Spassky is:

Borsis Spassky
    The Basemanet Flat
    The Lourve Museum
    Paris
    France.

Boris don't play much these days and is the live - in cartaker
    at the Lourve Museum. One of his jobs is to wipe the smudges
    and fingreprints off the Mona Lisa after the tourists have been
    have been there all day.

This guy User 261180 wil confirm it. 😉
  10. Joined
    21 Oct '09
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 15:57
    wow, nice piece of info........I have what I think may be his home address, its a street name. I now may want to visit that museum just to meet him, he is a legend also in the chess world. I hope he enjoys what he does, and he should keep up with playing chess, it's one of the best things you can do in old age to keep your mind sharp, that and exercise.
  11. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 00:46
    wow, nice piece of info........I have what I think may be his home address, its a street name. I now may want to visit that museum just to meet him, he is a legend also in the chess world. I hope he enjoys what he does, and he should keep up with playing chess, it's one of the best things you can do in old age to keep your mind sharp, that and exercise.
    AnT your ceiling....

it has gullible written allll over it.

-GIN
  12. Joined
    21 Oct '09
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 11:40
    All's I'm saying is its not "imposible" that the postcard is legit...and the best way to find out is to contact spassky himself, I'm sure he'll remembe if he signed it along with Fischer. I'm 99% sure its real, but I've taken many clear photos of it, having them printed out, and going to mail them to spassky and ask what he thinks. Hopefully I get a response. We will see.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree