1. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 02:02
    When you play someone in person, is it permitted under the rules to turn the board around to see it as your opponent sees it?

Is there anyway to block that ability on here? If it's not permitted under the rules, why allow it here? I assume that it must be permitted under the rules...

Please comment.
  2. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 02:06
    Originally posted by JerseyQuaker
    When you play someone in person, is it permitted under the rules to turn the board around to see it as your opponent sees it?

Is there anyway to block that ability on here? If it's not permitted under the rules, why allow it here? I assume that it must be permitted under the rules...

Please comment.
    You are allowed to stand up though.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 02:08
    Originally posted by Diet Coke
    You are allowed to stand up though.
    ... and walk around and lean over your opponent's shoulder under USCF rules...
    only thing:
    if you annoy your opponent, he/she can ask a TD to make you move, in which case, you have to back off and watch the board from his side at a distance...
  4. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 02:08
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    ... and walk around and lean over your opponent's shoulder under USCF rules...
    only thing:
    if you annoy your opponent, he/she can ask a TD to make you move, in which case, you have to back off and watch the board from his side at a distance...
    I've actually sat in my opponents lap.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 02:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 08:33
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    How do you know Diet Coke isn't a hot and sexy chick...or a hot and sexy young man, with both players gay?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 08:33

Please comment.
    No, but this is correspondence chess, in which it is allowed.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 08:34

Please comment.
    I thought Quakers weren't allowed to use computers...
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 09:02
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I thought Quakers weren't allowed to use computers...
    When I have a very interested game here at RHP, I usually set up the position on a board on my table. There I can see the board form any angle, I can touch the pieces withut having to move them, I can do pretty much whatever I want to. This is correspondence chess.

But if I do the same thing in a tournament game over the board, then I will be disqualified in a jiffie.

So if RHP gives me the possibility to turn the board on the screen I just thank Russ for this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree