1. e4
    Moves
    07 May '09 15:36
    I've been threatened with a ban.

I crack one harmless joke - the post was pulled.

I thought I had not sent it - thread pulled, threatened with a ban.

Geesh!

No more jokes.....🙁

This is not a joke:

Last post - Bye....it was fun.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '09 15:37
    Good riddance.
  3. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    07 May '09 15:44
    No more green dot from Green pawn...
  4. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    07 May '09 15:45
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    I've been threatened with a ban.

I crack one harmless joke - the post was pulled.

I thought I had not sent it - thread pulled, threatened with a ban.

Geesh!

No more jokes.....🙁

This is not a joke:

Last post - Bye....it was fun.
    Bad jokes are in violation of the terms of service.

I think they're just warning you that it better be funny next time.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:05
    damn! are you leaving or stoping jokes only? and what kind of joke was this? you made fun of King's gambit? worse than that? b4 opening?
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:081 edit
    Although I rarely post I do read whatever is on offer here..it would appear that it doesn't take an awful lot to be put under 'threat of ban' ...I've played several folk recently that were banned for comments not conducive to whatever the 'in game chat' or message moderator deemed appropriate...one chap had some form of 'written tourets,' if such thing exists 🙂 but I just ignored the less attractive stuff as he happened to be very good at what I'm here for, the game itself..
    Posting in forums is bound to attract attention form the 'wishy washy brigade' ...anything can offend such folk, anything. I sometimes wonder if they actually just wander the forums looking for things to report.
    EDIT: That said, I've no idea of the offending 'joke' posted here, shame I missed it ;-)
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:311 edit
    Dear Green Pawn was censored for the following message:

"A wee green light comes on."

which was a pretty funny answer to the previous question: how can we know if someone cheats? (roughly)

There is absolutely no reason to erase this kind of stuff! It is particularly unacceptable that people may feel authorized to do so!!
    So, please, people, ask admins (as I do) to apologize to Green Pawn, and to explain more clearly what kind of criteria are used to suppress posts.

Actually, this kind of stupid censorship makes me want to...
    WEE!

(this is a censorship test ===> I am here and easy to ban <====)
  8. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:32
    From what I hear he posted some semi-offensive joke which was removed. Later he came back, seeing the thread without his message and thought he might had done something wrong before, so he posted more or less the same joke again.

Some say he suggested the London system to a player looking for an aggressive opening repertoire?!
  9. Standard memberCimon
    Strategos
    Ancient Greece
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:35
    Originally posted by Macpo
    Dear Green Pawn was censored for the following message:

"A wee green light comes on."

which was a pretty funny answer to the previous question: how can we know if someone cheats? (roughly)

There is absolutely no reason for erase this kind of stuff! It is particularly unacceptable that people may feel authorized to do so!!
    So, please, people, ask adm ...[text shortened]... makes me want to...
    WEE!

(this is a censorship test ===> I am here and easy to ban <====)
    Right you are - I can`t imagine any reasonable person moderating innocent jokes like this one.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:41
    ahah a "semi-offensive" joke. That's kind of funny wording.
    he wasn't half banned, though.
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:43
    ahah a "semi-offensive" joke. That's kind of funny wording.
    he wasn't half banned, though.
    If greenpawn is still around, message me.

Seems perhaps there was a misunderstanding.

I can see having a post removed and thinking you forgot to post it.

The post WAS removed with good reason, but perhaps the ban is not required.

P-
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:50
    Thanks for your intervention. Do you speak as a moderator? if so, can we know the good reason of such post suppression?
  13. Forum Moderator
    07 May '09 16:52
    Thanks for your intervention. Do you speak as a moderator? if so, can we know the good reason of such post suppression?
    Speaking as a mod the post was removed because the green light doesn't mean someone is cheating. A new user just might believe that. I think it was a good decision by another mod.

Seems greenpawn thought he didn't post at all, and posted the same thing again. That is easy to believe, and there hasn't been much trouble if any at all with greenpawn.

I hope I hear back.

P-
  14. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:561 edit
    The fact that the post was removed is not the problem. It wasn't clear that greenpawn was joking when he claimed the green light meant a user was cheating. If I would have seen it, I might have posted after and clarified, stating the post was a joke. I thought his post was funny, and probably didn't need to be removed. It could go either way.

The real problem here was that I thought the mods message to greenpawn was a gross overreaction and completely rude. He cracked a harmless joke, and was treated pretty poorly in my opinion.
  15. Joined
    09 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:02
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    The fact that the post was removed is not the problem. It wasn't clear that greenpawn was joking when he claimed the green light meant a user was cheating. If I would have seen it, I might have posted after and clarified, stating the post was a joke. I thought his post was funny, and probably didn't need to be removed. It could go either way.

The real p ...[text shortened]... and completely rude. He cracked a harmless joke, and was treated pretty poorly in my opinion.
    I'll second that. The moderator should come on here and publically apologise. I seriously question whether he should be a moderator afterall. Seems like a bit of an abuse of power to me.

Greenpawn34 was hung drawn and quatered without an explanation being sought?

If I cut up a crown court judge in traffic I wouldn't expect him to say "Anymore of that lad and I'l jail you for 15 years".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree