Four more years of Krusty the Clown

Four more years of Krusty the Clown

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MR

Moves
29 Sep 10

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=6710

Nuts! 😞

rc

Moves
29 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Mad Rook

Nuts! 😞
mmm puts me in the mood for a crusty burger, anyhow, what bad thing has he done? is his presidency fraught with corruption? inefficiency? i must admit that i would like to see Karpov as president, but i don't know enough about this dude to make an informed judgement.

MR

Moves
30 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
mmm puts me in the mood for a crusty burger, anyhow, what bad thing has he done? is his presidency fraught with corruption? inefficiency? i must admit that i would like to see Karpov as president, but i don't know enough about this dude to make an informed judgement.
Mmmm, burgers...

I haven't had a greasy burger since... I can't recall. (Been going for the healthier food recently.)

Oh yeah, Kirsan... Eh, it makes me sick just thinking about the guy. Nevermind. 🙁

Edit - So Kirsan got reelected and Danailov got elected as ECU prez... On a positive note, suddenly the USCF doesn't seem quite so dysfunctional now. 🙂

rc

Moves
30 Sep 10

Mmmm, burgers...

I haven't had a greasy burger since... I can't recall. (Been going for the healthier food recently.)

Oh yeah, Kirsan... Eh, it makes me sick just thinking about the guy. Nevermind. 🙁

Edit - So Kirsan got reelected and Danailov got elected as ECU prez... On a positive note, suddenly the USCF doesn't seem quite so dysfunctional now. 🙂
spill da beans man, what did he do? is he corrupt? inept? as for Danilov, he reminds me of Vlad the impaler, no way a guy with his lack of diplomacy should do anything in chess.

n
Ronin

Hereford Boathouse

Moves
30 Sep 10

besides publicly claiming he was abducted by aliens? or killing journalists that don't agree with him? I suppose improverishing a little satellite republic so he can be head of Fide is the least of his negative points..

rc

Moves
30 Sep 10

Originally posted by nimzo5
besides publicly claiming he was abducted by aliens? or killing journalists that don't agree with him? I suppose improverishing a little satellite republic so he can be head of Fide is the least of his negative points..
alleged or proven? any links ?

e4

Moves
30 Sep 10

I voted for him.

In my experience people who have been abducted by aliens
are on the whole good.

MR

Moves
30 Sep 10

Originally posted by greenpawn34
I voted for him.

are on the whole good.
Well I guess there IS the entertainment factor.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
30 Sep 10

Originally posted by greenpawn34
I voted for him.

are on the whole good.
It is somewhat telling that the aliens gave him back.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
30 Sep 10

Nuts! 😞
Just as an FYI, I alerted the moderators because I consider this thread to be offensive to Krusty the Clown...😉

MR

Moves
30 Sep 10

Originally posted by Paul Leggett
Just as an FYI, I alerted the moderators because I consider this thread to be offensive to Krusty the Clown...😉
My apologies to Krusty, wherever he is tonight. 🙂

San Francisco, CA US

Moves
30 Sep 10

My apologies to Krusty, wherever he is tonight. 🙂
Krusty is in The Hague facing crimes against humanity charges. That was the theme of last week's "Simpsons". He was informed that he won the Nobel Peace Prize but it was a ruse to get him on a plane which, rather than landing in Oslo, landed in The Hague.

Krusty had to demonstrate one act of humanitarian love to be acquitted. Turns out he did a gig in Sun City South Africa during the Apartheid Era but refused to perform because his dressing room lacked two kinds of sandwiches as stipulated in this performance contract. He refused to perform and, three days later, Nelson Mandela was released from prison. This remarkable coincidence was accepted by the international court and the charges were dismissed.