1. Joined
    21 Sep '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 14:27
    The Chessbase USA site (not the main chessbase site) is reporting that Fritz 10 and Deep Fritz 10 will be here by year end and are available for preorder...but I can't find ANY more information ANYWHERE else. Can anyone confirm this?
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 22:07
    Originally posted by keystor
    The Chessbase USA site (not the main chessbase site) is reporting that Fritz 10 and Deep Fritz 10 will be here by year end and are available for preorder...but I can't find ANY more information ANYWHERE else. Can anyone confirm this?
    isn't Deep fritz a super computer
  3. Joined
    15 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 22:11
    Deep fritz as far as i know is the multi processor version of fritz.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 22:13
    Originally posted by omulcusobolani
    Deep fritz as far as i know is the multi processor version of fritz.
    thanx for the clarification. 🙂
  5. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 22:19
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    isn't Deep fritz a super computer
    The computer that Deep Fritz was running on when it played Kramnik must have been a super one. It had eight processors?
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 22:22
    Originally posted by gambit3
    The computer that Deep Fritz was running on when it played Kramnik must have been a super one. It had eight processors?
    well I heard that most of those super computers are only small chips in essence but the rest is for RAM
  7. Joined
    21 Sep '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 14:01
    In case anyone is interested, I e-mailed Chessbase USA for verification and was told that the news had come from Chessbase Germany, so it sounds like it is valid to me. I guess they are skipping Deep Fritz 9 and going straight to version 10 for both "single processor" Fritz and the Deep version.
  8. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 20:07
    well I heard that most of those super computers are only small chips in essence but the rest is for RAM
    You heard wrong. Hydra the chess monster that mutilates all human opposition relies on the brute force provided by 16 Xeons running at 3.06 GHz each, (with about 16 GBytes of RAM).

If you could get a version of Hydra to run on a desktop machine vs the likes of Fritz or Shredder, it would probably lose a match.
  9. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 20:23
    Yes small chips, just lots of them!

CPUs as well as RAM.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree